• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[REQ] Ad-hoc wireless network support

scarecrow95

Sep 21, 2010
Well, I have a wi-fi adapter and I can make an ad-hoc network from my PC but can't use it as an access point via Connectify or Virtual Router. I tried getting a physical router, but had so many problems that I eventually gave up! I know there are lots of programmers out here, so can anyone put up a hack/mod for supporting ad-hoc networks on the Droid 1?

Sorry, scarecrow, I've been gone for a few days so didn't get back to you on this.

Anyway, so how is it your are connecting your PC to your ISP? wifi or ethernet?

I read about both and they do support (re)sharing of a wifi connection; seems Connectify and Virtual Router are only for Windows 7 due to the advanced networking API, is your PC upgraded to Windows 7?

Upvote 0
I already have a USB Wifi dongle, but the problem is that not all wifi dongles support Access Point mode and hence are not compatible with either Connectify or Virtual Router. I am running on Windows 7 and have tried both without any success.
No problem cwcheese, better late than never ;) I am connected via ethernet.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones