• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [REQ] Custom roms faq guide

archz2

May 29, 2012
I've got the xperia custom ROM downloaded for my Micromax A110Q phone.

I need a noob's guide to flash a ROM in cwm recovery. Complete FAQ with step by step instructions and precautions to prevent bricking. I've got root access and running 4.2.1.

I have an external 32 GB sandisk micro SD card with 1.8 GB remaining. Internal SD card shows up as with 1.03GB usable space in my native file Explorer.

Sent from my Micromax A110Q using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

U first need to have a CWM recovery flashed then u can flash any ROM if u have a ROM which is flashable by SP Flash Tool then u can just ggogle around you will find many guides on how to flash a custom ROM by the way every custome ROM is flashed in the same way if u have a CWM installed so let me know if u have a CWM on ur phone if yes then i will provide u steps to flash the ROM.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones