[REQ] search button to start camera app

Last Updated:

1. MrGoodCat

MrGoodCat Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Is there any way, with root access, to change the search button to make it bring up the camera app instead of the search app? i have never used the search feature, nor do i plan too, however i use the camera quite a bit and would like to have instant (well, close too) access to it.

*just to verify, i am talking about the hardware, led backlit, search button...obviously not the onscreen search button...just wanted to be 100% clear

Advertisement
  2. jwalker87

jwalker87 Well-Known Member

Me too! One of the things I really liked about my BB Storm was the dedicated camera button. Press it to bring up the camera, and it's even in the same location on the phone as a normal camera's shutter button.

Also, pressing the optical joystick would be a good alternative, since that's what you use to take pictures also, and I don't think I've ever used it for anything else.

3. MrGoodCat

MrGoodCat Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

well clicking the joystick can be an alternative to tapping the screen when selecting something, so i am not sure if it would be wise to use that as the button to bring up the camera app. however, a good idea none the less.

anyone else interested in tieing the search button to the camera app? any other ideas? anyone willing to help make it reality?