• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Request a new phone forum here!

Request for a Sonim XP7 (and probably XP6 under the same roof) forum. There will be low amount of users but it would be nice to have a place to discuss issues and resolutions. The phones are likely to have easy root instructions. (Sonim is giving access to Companies that have bought the phone, and possibly to end users.)

*The XP7 is shipping March 10th, and the XP6 is already available on AT&T (US) and in Canada.

Upvote 0
A forum for the LG Tribute would be great. Most of the posters I know that have moved to this phone a bunch of Optimus F3\Virgin Mobile USA users. It's also available on Sprint, so one forum for regular use, and a subforum for root should be sufficient. Thanks!

+1

We recently got root and custom recovery for the Tribute, so now ROM development can begin. There's a few threads/posts about it scattered around in various device sections here and on XDA, we need somewhere to collect all of the information.

Also, it should be noted that the F60 (which does have a forum) is NOT actually the same as the Tribute. The F60 has a MSM8916 (Adreno 306) chipset, while the Tribute has the MSM8926 (Adreno 305). The F60 also uses GSM, while the Tribute is CDMA, so the radio drivers will be different. So while the devices are extremely similar, they are not identical, so there's no guarantee that the same mods will work on both.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Samsung Prevail LTE is a good phone. However the stock apps are too much. I can't install any apps. If I do the phone freezes and I have to clear the cache every 5 minutes literally! Just to unfreeze the apps and get them to load properly. If I could root this phone it would be great. I have already turned off some apps and uninstalled the updates for the stock apps and still slow, even though it has a quad core processor. Although I am sure the processor isn't anything close to a pc.

Upvote 0
Request for a Sonim XP7 (and probably XP6 under the same roof) forum. There will be low amount of users but it would be nice to have a place to discuss issues and resolutions. The phones are likely to have easy root instructions. (Sonim is giving access to Companies that have bought the phone, and possibly to end users.)

*The XP7 is shipping March 10th, and the XP6 is already available on AT&T (US) and in Canada.
I have the XP7 and would love a place to discuss it, especially hot to root it :)
Im not sure how "low" the amount of users will be, once how tough it is and how long the battery lasts becomes common knowledge.

Upvote 0
@zixxorb
Sure there is always a lot to do when i get started on a project like this.
Do you have a htc desire 626s?

Eventually I want to build cyanogenmod for this phone.

The first step here is to un-sparse the RUU.
Then I need to unpack the boot.img and recovery.img
I have a way to change the signing of the recovery and the rom updates but I need to look and see if it will work in this case.

If it works then we can take the HTC RUU files and build flash tools to flash the partitions we can not due to the S-ON.
Like the Radio ect. Only the factory roms and recovery are allowed to flash everything.

This will allow us to downgrade and upgrade as we wish along with being able to flash any carriers rom without getting the CID errors.

We cant get Super CID without S-off. But we can modify the factory updater script and take out the asserts that block the flashing. Then flash whatever we want with HTC's own updater binary.

So yup. There is tons of work to do.
PM me

Upvote 0
Requesting a forum for the Kyocera hydro reach (C6743). I have it on virgin but it is available on boost as well. In developer options there is a setting to OEM unlock but I haven't tried it just yet.
Screenshot_2016-09-24-08-33-41.png

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones