[REQUEST] A way to undervolt CPU on 2.2

Last Updated:

1. blink

blink Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

The one thing I am really missing on the 2.2 leak, is the ability to undervolt the processor. I've never been big on overclocking (though I've dabbled), but I have usually undervolted my devices. Moto has the CPU voltage set to 60 out of the box, but I got my Droid X on 2.1 to run comfortably on 34. This is a huge battery saver! My X has gone down in battery life since the upgrade for only this very reason. Plus, I've noticed it running a lot hotter since the upgrade. Is there anyway to undervolt the X on 2.2, or is there a way to modify the old overclock/undervolt method from 2.1 to work?

Advertisement
  2. qqeyes

qqeyes Member

I'm sure there are currently developers working on this, prob droider13 and others.

Patience, young grasshoppa.

3. D13

D13 Well-Known Member

I wish I was a dev, but I am not:)
    I know how to theme...kinda, but not how to compile code:D

4. sic0048

sic0048 Well-Known Member

Does SetCPU work with 2.2? I know with 2.1, if you had root you could UNDERCLOCK the DroidX without changing anything else. The "setscaling" method was only required for OVERCLOCKING the device.

5. D13

D13 Well-Known Member

its a start but its still not lowering the voltage

6. sic0048

sic0048 Well-Known Member

Duh, you're right. That would only effect CPU clock speed, not voltage settings. Besides, I think the DroidX does a good job at automatically scaling down the clock speed based on the need. You can watch it fluctuate using SetCPU, and it changes very quickly. So while it might helps some if you created some custom profiles, I don't think it would make a huge change.