request: an android app to rival the Ispin toolkit

Last Updated:

1. tschecter

tschecter Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Seriously. I know, this is a rather speciallized app request, but there is not a single app for the spinners (handspinning yarn) of the world on android. Iphone has one, so I know that android can get one too.

Advertisement
  2. Sam Voss

Sam Voss Well-Known Member

What, more specifically, would you like this app to actually do?

3. tschecter

tschecter Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Well, I would like a WPI gauge (that is Wraps per inch), and a twist angle gauge, for starters. would be nice if there was a calculator to put in weight and yardage and get a YPP(yards per pound) too... and yes I could do that on a regular calc and do, but it would be nice to have a quick input calc for it.

I know the iSpin Toolkit has the wpi and twist angle stuff... not sure what else it has... but I do know there are people who would use this type of app, I'm not the only one.

Ultimately, in my dream app, I would also be able to take a pic of the yarn in progress and save it in a file to keep with notes on the wpi, twist angle, ypp, etc, plus notes on the dyer and or fiber prep process... but that is in my dream app. It woould basically make my phone a spinning journal.

I would be thrilled to see just the wpi and twist angle even, though... it would mean less things to carry when I go out spinning (which is pretty often, actually)

4. Sam Voss

Sam Voss Well-Known Member

I would love to do that in my app, but I don't know what that all means.. send me an email or private message more in depth if I can do it I will!

5. lovely1inred

lovely1inred New Member

There is also a twist per inch calculator, which comes in very handy. I am more than willing to be a resource as well, have been handspinning for some time now. I do not code for squat tho lol

6. Wicha

Wicha New Member

Hi there :)
    I'm a spinner, knitter, hook... A person who likes to crochet :), and I'm currently looking for apps to do in order to build a protfolio.
    Would you like for us to build the app for spinning together ?
    Maybe we could also link it to your ravelry account ?
    I'm using my ravelry account to stash all the fibers and handspuns, but it's a bother when I want to plan things, and don't have a computer near, or when I'm just using a spindle somewhere outside...
    Think it would help me too anyway, soooooo I'm going to do it :D :D