1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

[REQUEST] Custom Auto Brightness app

Last Updated:

1. andrew53517

andrew53517 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Okay, I am looking for someone good with code, but I don't know if this is currently even possible. (I know root isn't done or even close).. But here's a little request for someone whose good with code and making apps:

I am looking for someone to create a custom auto brightness app that lets you set the max and min for the the auto brightness on the Incredible. I like the auto feature on the Incredible, but it gets way too high and drains the battery too quickly [​IMG]..

So I would like to have an app that lets you set like EX: 5% as the minimum brightness and 40% as the maximum. Make it so you have have ajustable bars to move back and forth to pick your percentage or something along the lines of that. I think if someone managed to work some code and create this app it'd be heavily downloaded. So I was wondering if someone could make an app like this?

Anyone good with this stuff and want to try and work with the brightness settings and make an app like this or apk.? :)

Advertisement
  2. andrew53517

andrew53517 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Plus, this could be a nice $$$$ maker if you think about it... ;)

3. Axe_1

Axe_1 Well-Known Member

Also, put a timer or delay in it that i can change. seems like its constantly changing the brightness of my screen when txting....very annoying. So, its manually set for now

4. potterdood

potterdood Well-Known Member

There is a widget for it...the "power control" widget...I use it, it has 3 settings, the lowest it can get, the best it can get n not kill the battery, and the brightest it can get, the control also turns wifi/bluetooth on/off & refreshes anything you have synced and turns ur location on/off(i believe thats what the satellite looking thing does.)

5. Android1

Android1 Well-Known Member

The "power control" widget doesn't do it automatically.

I'd pay

6. WPWoodJr

WPWoodJr Well-Known Member

Has anyone found an app that implements a custom auto brightness function? It must be possible because you can view the current "lux" reading on the Droid X with the GPS Status app.

7. Kilo7

Kilo7 Well-Known Member

I use a program called Beautiful widgets. There is an icon for exactly that. I got into my brightness setting, take it off of auto, set it down to about 22% and your done. Now when you click on the icon it will toggle between the brightest setting down to what you set the minimum to. Hope this helps

8. kenyu73

kenyu73 Well-Known Member

hmmm, I might bite. I think I know what you want. I think the auto brightness is too sensitive and it causes a constant flicker up/down.

I can see perhaps something that is a range. For example, if the current levels are ranged from 1 - 100, perhaps an app that sets the ranges by 10s. This would stop the constant up/down flicker, but it would jump once it hits each range of 10.

Basically, instead of a super sensitive 1-100 range, we'd only have a 10 scaled range. It wouldn't flicker nearly as much, but you'd see it jump if there were a significant change in light.

I'll stir on it (=.

See my current apps ('Banner' and 'Real Signal') in the Market (=

9. axse

axse Member

Not sure if anyone still follows this thread...

I just found an amazing app that does exactly what you guys are looking for. It's called Lux (beta). It's only a dollar, works pretty well so far.

Cheers,