0.0%
  3. Needs a lot of work

2 vote(s)
    50.0%

Last Updated:

1. Sebas

Sebas New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all,

I have an idea for quite some time for an android application but I don't have the skill to build it. Anyway I would be interested to hear from others if they like the idea or that it needs more work.

// Making your phone change theme/skin (look, sounds, volume, ringtones etc) aware of you physical location \\

I was thinking about linking google maps to the custom application in order to to create pin's on a map showing where you live, work, sport and other locations. Then give the pin a radius (let's say 100 meters). When you 'enter' the area (GPS will tell you) it will adjust your phone settings automaticly instead of manual.

Advertisement
  2. KlaymenDK

KlaymenDK Well-Known Member

What's the motivation for this? You want to have a slick professional UI at work, and a sick personalised one when you're not?

This sounds like a profile manager, but a very thorough one. It's a neat idea, but I think it requires a lot of work to implement it (that's why I voted option #3).

Personally, I don't think I'd use it; I suppose I'm satisfied with adjusting audio profiles. But then again, I've never been much into custom UI skins.

3. dkaufman1

dkaufman1 Well-Known Member

I voted needs work...I use Timeriffic to control my Android's audio, screen brightness set to time of day, since I normally know my schedule.

I use Wallr to control my wallpaper, with a random wallpaper each hour. It's not full theme (sounds, icons, etc) but it is fun. All wallpaper is stored on the SD card.

As space and battery life is such a premium these are both tiny apps that don't require extra code to determine location to function or drain the battery.

I found some great wallpapers at g1wallz.com I need to go look and see what they posted lately on the site.

4. Sebas

Sebas New Member This Topic's Starter

Well the motivation is that you don't need to think about changing your theme/profile. It should be done automatically. Looking at Timeriffic in my opinion that's to limited, it's just on a schedule based, but the same applies to my idea.

I'm wondering if combining the 2 idea's would result is something that's not overly complex.

5. dkaufman1

dkaufman1 Well-Known Member

I think if you have a theme manager you like, contact the owner. aHome or the others would welcome an idea or too.