Root REQUEST: Idiot-Proof root guide for Mac with NAND unlock and ADB update.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by everfine, Jun 22, 2010.

1. everfine

everfine Member

Mar 22, 2010
    Knoxville, TN
    I have rooted and unrooted 10+ times already trying to get this thing to work. I love the idiot-proof guide made by TheBiles but I need one for a Mac. I know there is a thread with the procedure from Rufflez but it is kind of hard to follow and only covers rooting and recovery. Has anyone had a successful rooting experience and flashed a custom ROM with no problems using a Mac?

Advertisement
  2. Jgrand03

Jgrand03 Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2010
    At first I did it with my PC until I got the hang of it and so I went ahead and did it on my mac if I have time tomorrow Ill post up a walkthrough for everyone it's not much different

djdisturbed likes this.
  3. ctpoore413

ctpoore413 Member

May 24, 2010
    There is a guid over at xda-delevopers.com that you can get NAND without using a computer. Being that I am a Mac user, and relativly new to all this, (being on Android since day one of the launch of the Evo) I went this route, works great! I am now sporting fresh rom 0.3 and a vanilla unlock screen. I love my Evo! There is also a thread about adb basics you can read off off....

4. TheBiles

TheBiles Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2010
    Atlanta, GA
    I suggest this if you're on a Mac. You just enter the adb commands through a terminal on the phone. Easy-peasy, right?

5. everfine

everfine Member

Mar 22, 2010
    Knoxville, TN
    Do you mind linking me to this? And is it just for getting NAND or rooting then getting NAND?

6. TheBiles

TheBiles Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2010
    Atlanta, GA
    It's the full thing. Basically just my guide with all of the adb commands through Terminal Emulator. It's on the EVO dev board.
    -------------
    Sent from my HTC EVO 4G using Tapatalk Pro.

7. DucatiDude

DucatiDude Well-Known Member

May 30, 2010
    Can someone PLEASE post the link?

Tags: