REQUEST: Idiot-Proof root guide for Mac with NAND unlock and ADB update.

Last Updated:

1. everfine

everfine Member This Topic's Starter

I have rooted and unrooted 10+ times already trying to get this thing to work. I love the idiot-proof guide made by TheBiles but I need one for a Mac. I know there is a thread with the procedure from Rufflez but it is kind of hard to follow and only covers rooting and recovery. Has anyone had a successful rooting experience and flashed a custom ROM with no problems using a Mac?

Advertisement
  2. Jgrand03

Jgrand03 Well-Known Member

At first I did it with my PC until I got the hang of it and so I went ahead and did it on my mac if I have time tomorrow Ill post up a walkthrough for everyone it's not much different

djdisturbed likes this.
  3. ctpoore413

ctpoore413 Member

There is a guid over at xda-delevopers.com that you can get NAND without using a computer. Being that I am a Mac user, and relativly new to all this, (being on Android since day one of the launch of the Evo) I went this route, works great! I am now sporting fresh rom 0.3 and a vanilla unlock screen. I love my Evo! There is also a thread about adb basics you can read off off....

4. TheBiles

TheBiles Well-Known Member

I suggest this if you're on a Mac. You just enter the adb commands through a terminal on the phone. Easy-peasy, right?

5. everfine

everfine Member This Topic's Starter

Do you mind linking me to this? And is it just for getting NAND or rooting then getting NAND?

6. TheBiles

TheBiles Well-Known Member

It's the full thing. Basically just my guide with all of the adb commands through Terminal Emulator. It's on the EVO dev board.
    -------------
    Sent from my HTC EVO 4G using Tapatalk Pro.

7. DucatiDude

DucatiDude Well-Known Member

Can someone PLEASE post the link?