• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

(Request) Imperial stock rom and recovery

SuperR,

Is it too late for us to unmodify all our mods? :D

I did make a backup with no changes at one time, and that's in .ab form through holobackup, but I'd tried to restore it at one time, but it didn't work.

It's 224 MB big, but just sitting there for now.

Everything is already unmodified ;) I just need the extra files you deleted from /system/app to complete the unmodified stock roms.

Please upload the unmodified *.ab backup. Thanks :)

Upvote 0
I will be out for a while. If the rom won't flash from your sdcard, try opening the zip using winrar or 7-zip (don't extract, just open it in the app). Navigate to /META-INF/com/google/android/updater-script and open that file (again, don't extract, just open it from within the zip). Remove the top line with the word assert in it. Delete the whole line and save. If it asks you if you want to update the zip say yes. Try flashing it again. Be back later, good luck :)

Reactions: horsehockey
Upvote 0
Wow, see what happens when you aren't on your computer for a few days? o.0

Really sorry about the cwm links, they must have been in my temp folder on my dev-host account, and so got deleted when I cleared it out. -_-

i haven't done anything on cwm for a good bit, been working out bugs and adding features to the custom kernel I'm working on, when I have had time. No I havent forgotten about you guys! (I even have this subforum pinned to my tab bar!)

I am actually about to restart work back up on CWM, need to take a break from kernel testing. (It's gotten tedious -_-) I kinda have to start at ground zero, since the hard drive I had stuff backed up on is broken (yay me for dropping it on the asphalt!)

Once I get that going, I'll have new builds up, hopefully with all bugs squashed except the visual glitch.

Reactions: DocWebster
Upvote 0
Know what ya mean about dropping stuff. I dropped my laptop this morning while it was open. It fell a good 30 inches and landed on a corner of the top first. I was writing the eulogy man, I picked it up and ... running purty as you please, not a scratch, not a crack, the one hinge even stopped squeaking. I coulda blew up a bouncy castle when that breath let go.

Upvote 0
Know what ya mean about dropping stuff. I dropped my laptop this morning while it was open. It fell a good 30 inches and landed on a corner of the top first. I was writing the eulogy man, I picked it up and ... running purty as you please, not a scratch, not a crack, the one hinge even stopped squeaking. I coulda blew up a bouncy castle when that breath let go.
I dropped my last laptop. Although tripped and threw it would be a more accurate description. I watched it do a couple of somersaults across the pavement. Only damage was some scratches on the outside and the receiver for my wireless mouse had embedded itself inside of the port (it was one of those tiny receivers). As I picked it up, I was trying to figure out how I could even afford a new laptop for school, when even it had been a gift XD

Upvote 0
Ok thanks. Device check passed ! but now formatting.

cellular startup workingb (blah boot screen)haha
optimizing so I would say it's a keeper this way. :) It works !

And even has your name on installing. :)

Ok great :) Did you have to remove the assert line for it to work? You should not have to. I unpacked the cwm to be sure they matched up. It is not needed at all, it just makes sure you are not flashing the rom on anything but the apollo. If it needs to go permanently, it goes. No big deal.

Is anything missing that you need, or is there anything in there that should be removed? The deodexed version should be bloat free lol.

edit: although i suppose you may only get a deodexed version if we can't get the full system dump from an unmodified stock device.

Upvote 0
The new apollo does work Docwebster, but we forgot about it needing the original recovery image. i actually prefer the cmw though, and I had great almost matching bootup and shutdown screens. guess I'll install them again. haha.

I have a copy of your original recovery.img. That would go in the unmodified stock rom so you can flash it and get back to full stock for warranty repair and updates. Once again though, I don't have all the other files needed to make a full stock rom. If you need it, I can make a cwm flashable stock recovery. Once you flash it though you won't have cwm anymore, That means no flashing custom roms, no cwm backups, no restoring backups, etc. Cwm is the way to go. I never have stock recovery on my devices if i can help it.

Upvote 0
Here are flashable versions of both stock recovery and cwm. It was mentioned that the other flashable cwm did not work. Remember, you need cwm to flash zips.

Flashable Stock Recovery. This will replace cwm on your device with stock recovery.
apollo_stock_recovery_flashable.zip

Flashable CWM. Thanks cooldudezach :)
apollo_cwm_recovery_flashable.zip

Upvote 0
Much thanks cooldudezach for the cmw recovery. It is a lot better than the original recovery. Great work. :D I haven't seen the fix permissions, but using cmw, I was able to fix the permissions problem through adb.

And thanks SuperR, I downloaded the files, but I hope I never have to actually install the orig recovery again. :rolleyes:

The new rom actually worked great. I did have to delete the first line about the assert. Saved it as you said, copied back over to the phone, and rebooted to recovery. Then reflashed through cmw. .. No errors at all. ;)

The only rom around for this model as far as I can tell. I'd googeled countless pages in trying to find one. :)

Upvote 0
using stock recovery method:

md5 check

-system/app/alarming.apk
-system/app/alarming.odex
-system/app/amazonmp3.apk
-system/app/ApplicationProvider.apk
-system/app/ApplicationProvider.odex

diff sum:331

system files are different with the official

--All listed with the 644 at the end. Could it be wrong permissions on these? --

Now it's good to know i can switch back if I really need to. Back to the cmw now though. :)

Upvote 0
Much thanks cooldudezach for the cmw recovery. It is a lot better than the original recovery. Great work. :D I haven't seen the fix permissions, but using cmw, I was able to fix the permissions problem through adb.

And thanks SuperR, I downloaded the files, but I hope I never have to actually install the orig recovery again. :rolleyes:

The new rom actually worked great. I did have to delete the first line about the assert. Saved it as you said, copied back over to the phone, and rebooted to recovery. Then reflashed through cmw. .. No errors at all. ;)

The only rom around for this model as far as I can tell. I'd googeled countless pages in trying to find one. :)
Actually, the Fix Permissions option hasn't been in CWM for awhile. Apparently it was doing more harm than good, and was taken out.

Also, it is the only rom. Thanks to SuperR! He's been making rounds on all the msm8930 devices and getting stock roms out.

Reactions: horsehockey
Upvote 0
using stock recovery method:

md5 check

-system/app/alarming.apk
-system/app/alarming.odex
-system/app/amazonmp3.apk
-system/app/ApplicationProvider.apk
-system/app/ApplicationProvider.odex

diff sum:331

system files are different with the official

--All listed with the 644 at the end. Could it be wrong permissions on these? --

Now it's good to know i can switch back if I really need to. Back to the cmw now though. :)
I am a bit confused. Are you saying you flashed stock recovery and you get this message about your system being different than original stock? And it gives you a list of the files you are missing? It would be great to know what we are missing so we can find them and make them not missing lol.

Does it give you the complete list of all 331 missing files? If so, I can make a stock rom as close as I can with stock recovery and then we can see what we are missing. The deodexed version will be missing too many files to figure it all out. Would it be easy to copy the list and paste it here if there were many less files on it? If so, we can try to find all the parts and piece them together. Kind of a pain, but it is good to have a full stock rom.

edit: here is as close as i can get to a full stock rom for now. It will also replace cwm with stock recovery. If you can get a list of files we are missing it would helpful.

apollo_stock_B06_with_recovery.zip

edit2: I found the list of files that are supposed to be in the rom. I will post the list of missing files later today so we can see if anyone has them lol

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones