• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Requesting help (urgent, multimedia text messages)

SpotlightR

Lurker
May 23, 2016
Hey guys, I am currently using a Samsung Galaxy S6 Active as my daily driver and all has been well up until today. Every text message I get appears as a multimedia message with a download, and upon pressing the download button I am greeted with, "Currently unable to download, please try again later." This has been going on for about 16 hours now and it is extremely frustrating as I need to be able to contact family, friends, etc.

I have tried looking for a software update, restarting my device, removing the sim card, and going through the Messages app in settings but to no avail. If anyone has had a similar problem or has a solution I will be extremely grateful. Thank you in advance.

Is it from one sender or multiple senders that the messages are trying to come through as MMS? I take it you don't have very good 3G/4G coverage where you are, or is it failing to download when it should have good enough coverage?
Multiple senders. My 4g has been alright recently though. The messages come in as a multimedia message with a download button on them, and they are failing to download.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones