Required Form For Use In The Classified Section

1. Phases

Phases Community Manager Administrator

You will notice when you go to post a new thread in this forum that you are directed to a new form to fill out.

Please read the forum carefully. You may edit your listings later with the normal "edit" method to reflect price changes, etc.

This is in an attempt to standardize the listings here and help minimize scams. I've worked long and hard on this but it is not perfect and feedback is welcome. I'm not saying I'll make every or any change suggested but I'm open for ideas. In some ways what I'm doing here is pretty flexible, in others it is not.

Is there key information missing? Is there a less extreme method to help cut back on scams than the lotto numbers? Should something else be in the thread titles?

If this works out pretty well I'll incorporate it into the other subforums. If not, remove it. * Being implemented

(Btw, the point in the lotto number is so people wont take a series of pictures with devices with future dates. It will only help a little, but should help some.)

Edit: I've made an example post: http://androidforums.com/classifieds/474944-sale-500-00-example-post-galaxy-nexus.html

Advertisement
  2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Were the prefixes ("for sale," "wtb," ect) to be done away with then?
  3. Phases

Yeah, as they are required on the form and will be put in the title of the newly created threads anyway. However, I should have only made them optional instead of removed them, as it appears the prefixes for all the current threads are lost now.

The kinks will work themselves out as this form is used more and more and the current active things die out. My bad, lesson learned :(
    I suppose I could turn them back on as optional and go down the first page and set prefixes to what they should be for old threads... if that's what people want to do let me know.
    Bob Cat and Frisco like this.
  4. Frisco

Good thought, imo, but carrying on with the plan as stated seems even better. As you imply, it'll all drift off and the new system will gradually take over. :)
  5. serialkilla

serialkilla Well-Known Member

Hey man, I definitely like the concept, I think it's a great idea. My only issue was with a security token missing while trying to upload some pics, but when I tried again, I did 1 at a time to upload, and it worked,so it may have been me trying to upload 8 pics at once? I dunno - I forgot the damn lotto #'s tho...
    Frisco likes this.
  6. twospirits

twospirits AF's janitor Moderator

I like it.

TS
  7. dougleto

dougleto Active Member

It was nice before the change to be able to select the posts I wanted to see. Now I have to look at the titles of each one which takes a valuable 30 seconds of my life :) Obviously, not a huge deal, but the drop-down menu was nice.
  8. rjcapp

rjcapp Active Member

Hello, how do I get privileges to post a classified add. I think I am blocked. Thanks in advance! :D
  9. Bob Cat

Bob Cat Careful, They're sharp!! Moderator

You can't post an ad?
  10. Amanda865

Amanda865 Member

I try to post an ad and it says this:

Amanda865, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
    Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
  11. alostpacket

alostpacket Over Macho Grande? VIP Member

Amanda865 likes this.
  12. droid416

droid416 Well-Known Member

I was going to post a new thread, but then I read this in the new form: Form for posting in the root Classifieds section - intended to buy/sell/trade Android products in the US.

How do I get to the form for Canada?

Also, I would like to trade a new item that I don't have yet - I know what specific item I want, but would get a new item to trade for it based on what the other party would like, therefore I won't be able to post a picture of it, but it's mandatory to post a picture does mean that I would not be able to post?
    Frisco likes this.
  13. Bob Cat

Thanks for the questions droid416. I have asked whether there is a templet for non-us classified and I don't have an answer yet. When you try to post your ad does it not prompt you to fill one out? Also pictures are required for the ad to remain visible.:)
    Frisco likes this.
  14. Frisco

I've alerted the Admin about this. Thanks Bob and droid416. :)
    Bob Cat likes this.
  15. Phases

You can just post regular threads in the international area. :) I haven't moved the form there.
    Frisco and Bob Cat like this.
  16. Frisco

Too obvious! :p

We need complicated, convoluted answers here. :D

I know I know, that's my job. :eek:
    twospirits likes this.
  17. droid416

droid416 Well-Known Member

Whew, I'm glad we figured out the non-US thing! I'm still not sure what to do about the picture dilemma.

Here's the thing: I'm eligible for a hardware upgrade next week. The phone I want is not carried by my service provider, so I want to find someone that's willing to trade the device I'm after for one carried by my provider that they are interested in. So at this time I don't know what that will be, so I can't post a pic of it.
    Frisco likes this.
  18. Frisco

Well, that explanation should be enough at this point. Later on when specifics come along the thread can be updated by you. :)
    droid416 likes this.
  19. SpikedRed

SpikedRed Active Member

bobcat331 was really cool in assisting me with a current thread I have posted in the classifieds, and I thank so kindly for not automatically banning me from the sale. I did not realize (since there's a wall of text for the form) that even though it's the first thing at the top, that I had to attach a picture with a name, date and the lotto numbers. I was kindly asked to post one with my SN and date, is that to imply that the lotto numbers aren't necessary? If so, could you kindly remove this as required info? Also, would it be possible to reiterate the necessity in perhaps, larger or bold text that the SN and date be entered? Sorry I originally missed doing so in the first place, and quite honestly, the text is a bit small.
    Frisco likes this.
  20. Bob Cat

Thanks for those kind words, SpikedRed!:D That has been an oversite on my part.:eek: According to the new guidelines, Phases (Site Admin), has required that the lotto numbers be included along with the username and date.;)
    Frisco likes this.
  21. Frisco

Wtg b-cat. :)
    Bob Cat likes this.
  22. Nomnom98

Nomnom98 Active Member

I cant post in the Classifieds for some reason, I have 27 posts though.

EDIT: Nevermind
    Frisco likes this.
  23. Frisco

24. STEye

STEye Active Member

I can't post in the classifieds section, not sure why since I have over 25 posts??
  25. kimberly8r

kimberly8r New Member

B cat??? I dont it!