Required update broke some things!Support

Last Updated:

1. artydooty

artydooty New Member This Topic's Starter

I have an LG Ally, and I would call myself a new-ish smart-phone user. The phone kept nagging me to install an update, and when I finally did, it broke 3 apps, deleted a shortcut, and gave me a new app that I don't want & that requires a subscription. I've never tampered with the phone, never downloaded a non-Marketplace app. Is this the way Android usually works? If so, can I avoid upgrading altogether?

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. thedrizl

thedrizl Well-Known Member

That is the way Verizon works. If you want more control over your phone, then read the threads about rooting. It's the only way to get rid of the bloatware.

I now have two games that I paid for that are unplayable because of the update. I'm sure just about everyone has encountered this is some form.

3. darkxsun

darkxsun Well-Known Member

Have you tried factory reset, and reinstalling the apps?

4. gutted

gutted Well-Known Member

Yes, it's the way it works.

Is it the CityID app that you got that you don't want? And I too had to delete and reinstall a few apps (all free ones) that wouldn't work after my last update.

5. MLBNut

MLBNut New Member

I have been searching for an answer to this problem since the update. I have talked to two verizon stores. One told me "it should be fixed in the next update"...??!!
    The only good thing is that I can uninstall and reinstall the apps and they work...but only until the next time I power my phone off. So I've been doing a lot of uninstalling and reinstalling.

6. MLBNut

MLBNut New Member

I have been searching for an answer to this problem since the update. I have talked to two verizon stores. One told me "it should be fixed in the next update"...??!!
    The only good thing is that I can uninstall and reinstall the apps and they work...but only until the next time I power my phone off. So I've been doing a lot of uninstalling and reinstalling.

7. MLBNut

MLBNut New Member

Sorry for the double post!

8. blay

blay Well-Known Member

It's a pain, to be sure, but I've yet to figure out why ppl. need to power off their phones so often.

9. daisy40

daisy40 Well-Known Member

In order to keep my battery going I power off randomly, it has to do with that annoying 50% bug. And ever since the last update, I have to reinstall certain apps every time I power down.

10. Halainn317

Halainn317 Well-Known Member

Has anyone had a problem with their e-mail? Mine used to update on it's own and alert me when I had new e-mails. Now I have to continually check manually for new messages. Any idea how to fix this?

11. darkxsun

Try going to Applications -> Manage Applications... change the filter to "all"... and clear data and cache for Gmail and Gmail Storage. You'll have to login again, and set your preferences again, but it may work.

12. Halainn317

Halainn317 Well-Known Member

It was my Yahoo mail. I downloaded the Yahoo mail app and started using that instead but my e-mails only showed up for a couple of hours and then I had to start checking for them again. It's really annoying.

13. darkxsun

Okay, same as what I said before but for the Email app (and in this case Yahoo too).