• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root reroot? serious confusion please help

SLIDEWAYS

Dec 10, 2009
my droid x was rooted on 2.2 running 1.4ghz verry stable fast ext. ext. u know how it is
well i just upgraded to an evo 3d (sprints cheeper and im broke)
so i decided to finally install the update to 2.3.4 ota (didn't before due to worry of loosing root) ota update installed and no more root so i went to root it and theres a warning about rooting a droid x that was rooted and unrooted with an ota update
so what do i do?

will a factory reset wipe everything and make it safe to root again?
im not using the phone on a line right now
but i do plan to sell it to a friend here shortly as i do not need it anymore and could use the cash (figured $100-150 sounds reasonable? it's still like brand new all it's life it's had screen protectors and a case on it so took the screen protector off and case off and you would never know it's not brand new ) but i also figured if i re/root it get it clocked up to 1.4-1.5ghz and a good kernel for battery life and performance (balanced) i might get a friend that don't know about rooting to pay a couple more $$

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones