Reset Factory settingsSupport

Last Updated: 2013-10-07 11:19:01
  1. plantroon

plantroon New Member

Hello, I'm new to android :) I recently bought ZTE Blade 3 and I'd like to know what files/folders are affected by Factory Data Reset option? Also, I use linux on my PC and would like someone to recommend me a good file manager. The one preinstalled looks too simple and I want to see everything including "/" and I hate all multimedia (pictures,music,..) options. Is there any FM like that?
    Another thing I'd like to know is: does ZTE Blade 3 have vanilla android preinstalled? I've seen many variations of android 4 and I don't know which one is the most clean. I'd like to use that one in case it supports all the features of my phone.(for example cyanogenmod doesnt support FM radio ... I'm never gonna need it though but I need full support and reliability)

Advertisement
  2. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum Moderator

Hello and welcome to Android forums, plantroon! :)

A factory data reset will only remove user data and settings. It puts your phone back to the state it was "out of the box."

A good free file manager that will show you root and system files is ES File Explorer. Keep in mind that you will only be able to see the files and not do anything with them without root access to your device.

Only the Nexus line of Phones from Google have pure vanilla Android. Your ZTE Blade most likely has a carrier modified version (if it's under contract). For your best rooting/flashing options, check in with ZTE Blade 3 - Android Forums and Blade 3 - All Things Root.
    mysticspiral likes this.
  3. plantroon

plantroon New Member

Thank you for reply. I would like to know which folders are affected by using that option...
  4. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum Moderator

The factory reset? It effects several files within the system folders as well as wiping the databases for mail, messaging as contacts. I don't know the specific folder or file names, but perhaps someone who's more involved with development could let you know.
    mysticspiral likes this.
  5. Sparklez

Sparklez Member

if you do a hard reset (which is like factory reset) it will remove all data from your phone except personal information for example your music, photos, and other files saved on your SD or SIM card. hard reset you can do it with your SD and SIM card in but it is more wise to take those out so it won't erase any data. If you wanna see how to hard reset your phone just message me and i'll give you the quick and easy way
  6. James_Bond

James_Bond Well-Known Member

Hi Plantroon

Welcome to the android forums and especially welcome to Android. You
  7. chrise7792

chrise7792 New Member

My san fran 2 is stuck on the FTM screen. I am trying to do a master wipe due to lost password/pattern