• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

reset nabi 2 tablet if pattern lock forgotten?

bill12345

Lurker
Jan 31, 2013
How do you factory reset the nabi tablet 2?

My child put a pattern lock on it and she doesn`t remember the pattern
i already tried the following to no avail:
step 3 is as far as i can get where i see the android man lying flat with a red triangle above him, i can get no further, please help

To perform a Hard Reset:
1. Turn off your Nabi (To turn off Press and hold the Power button for 3 seconds) then tap OK
2. Press the Volume + (Up) Button, then Press the Power Button then hold them both until the System Menu appears on the Upper left corner of the screen.
3. Use the

problem solved

for any1 interested, here is the fix:

You seem to be at step 4, so when the Android man appears, press and hold Volume Down button then press and hold Volume Up button together. Continue to step 5.

A factory reset is recommended when slow performance is persisting or if you want to wipe out all your personal data and settings from nabi. Caution: A factory reset is a very serious process, because it will SYSTEMATICALLY WIPE ALL USER DATA from nabi. A factory reset will return nabi to the settings it originally had when purchased.

1. Turn of the tablet by holding Power button for 10 seconds

2. First press and hold Volume Up button then press and hold Power Button together until nabi shows the menu on upper left corner of the screen.

3. User Volume Down button to select and highlight "Recovery Kernel", then press Volume Up button.

4. When nabi shows with Android character with exclamation sign (!), press and hold Volume Down button then press and hold Volume Up button together.

5. Use Volume Down button to select and highlight "Wipe Data/Factory Reset". Then press Power button

6. Use Volume Down button to select and highlight "Yes-delete all user data". Then press Power button.

7. When "data wipe" completes, "Reboot system now" should be highlighted. Press Power button to reboot nabi.

8. Initializing nabi back to factory settings will take 5-10 minutes.

9. Once the initialization is complete, you will see the nabi™ welcome screen.

10. Set up your Wi-Fi connection, and follow the steps to Sign In or Sign Up to create a new account.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones