• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Reset now nothing :-(

betogreen

Lurker
Sep 20, 2010
Hi

I just got an android netbook 7" and I was trying to remove the chinese keyboard on it so I went for factory reset.

Now I have a lifeless netbook. Can anyone help a new guy starting out on how I can get this going again. Do I need a linux computer to reflash . can I reflash, is there any good help for these things.

Beto

RE: Reset Google Android 7" Netbook Tablet PC UMPC MID 1.2GHZ

Well , if I hold the power button on start it displays the linux icon then flashes android for a while then a + appears in top left.
Now if I press menu I get the opening screen but nothing works

google bar with chinese characters and flashing curser is also present but
nothing responds to pressing the screen.

Any help appreciated

Upvote 0
What brand and model netbook did you buy?

Based on your description it sounds like the netbook got reset it into it's default chinese configuration. Correcting that might be challenging if you don't read Chinese.

Do you happen to have any Chinese friends? Or maybe live near a Chinese supermarket? Finding someone who can read the glyphs for you will likely make resetting this netbook a whole lot easier...

Upvote 0
I think its an apad irobot, but the system info calls it an sdKDEMO.

I did find a You tube video that fixed my problem. I needed to press the + on the screen to calibrate the touchpad after a reset. Then select android keyboard. Search for these on YouTube -

Apad - How to Use Part 2

How To Change Moonsie MS-E7001/Apad/iRobot Language

b.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones