• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Reset the ROM my HTC Hero

kenneho

Lurker
Nov 8, 2010
Hi.

I'm running a MoDaCo custom ROM on my HTC Hero. Due to a major screen issue I'd like to discard this ROM and start using the original (official) ROM that came with the phone, thus basically performing a factory reset.

I know that there's some factory reset menu option on the phone, but I'm guessing this doesn't restore the original ROM. So does anyone know how I can restore the original ROM, perform a factory reset, and basically start from scratch?

Best regards,
kenneho

You're right, a 'factory' reset just gives you a fresh install of whichever firmware you're running at the time.

You'll need to download the appropriate firmware update from HTC's website and install that via your PC. That will make your phone entirely stock again :)

Thanks for the reply. I downloaded the original ROM from HTC, and reinstalled. Everything is back to normal.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones