Reset to fix many ICS problemsSupport

Last Updated:

1. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator This Topic's Starter

Android maintains an operating system cache, just like a browser cache. And just like when a browser gets all wonky and then works after you clear cache, you want to try the same thing here.

If you are not rooted, a factory data reset will do that for you.

I do it for every major upgrade and highly recommend it - it works to kill weird bugs.

Best to backup first, I recommend MyBackup Pro.

I can show you literally hundreds of people on these forums who have thanked me for this advice, so, I won't make any guarantees other than to guarantee that it's worth a shot. ;) :)

Advertisement
    Kruncha and murzz like this.
  2. kingkey

kingkey Member

thanks for the advice but i cant find where to do factory data reset now , used to be in privacy i think :confused:

my phone is not happy at all at the moment. clock runs slow and refuses to synch with my tom tom via bluetooth now

3. murzz

murzz Well-Known Member

Alright mate, its menu>settings>storage then its right at the bottom, factory data reset.

kingkey likes this.
  4. madroXounds

madroXounds Member

Seems to have cleaned up some previous bugs but i'll be interested to see if it sorts the "Android is upgrading" thing everytime I restart,,,

5. TheStand

TheStand Member

I can testify to this. I had many weird bugs after updating to ICS, including random loss of 3G, freezing apps, play store not updating apps, general slowness.

A reset fixed all my problems and improved battery life.