Resetting "default" Gmail address?

Last Updated:

1. Dr. Funk

Dr. Funk Member This Topic's Starter

Hey Guys,

First post from a long-time lurker. I apologize if it's been discussed before; however, I searched and couldn't find an EVO-specific thread regarding my issue.

A few days after purchasing my EVO, my Gmail account was hacked and is now being used for evil (spamming). Is there any way to change the "default" Gmail account on the EVO without performing a factory reset?

What I mean by this is that the e-mail address that I entered into the Gmail "setup screen" (for lack of a better term) is now compromised. Is this a "boom goes the dynamite" situation, or can I change the phone's e-mail address without going nuclear?

Thanks in advance for any assistance, and keep up the good work!

Advertisement
  2. mdavis735

mdavis735 New Member

click menu->settings->accounts and sync->Google->remove account.that will remove the account.not i am not sure what all it involves,but you might loose acces to some of you apps.also make sure your contacts are saved on a pc or on the web with some backup software.then to set up your new google account to your phone. click menu->settings->accounts and sync->add account and go from there.

3. Dr. Funk

Thanks for the info, Davis! I'm actually at work and don't have my phone with me; I'll give it a shot when I get back home.

Anyone else have any other solutions - particularly those that wouldn't leave me without any of my apps?

4. henryturk

henryturk Member

Change the password to your main Google account and update the settings under the sync settings davis mentioned. This will get rid of the spamming problem.

5. Dr. Funk

Henry,

You're the man! Thanks a ton.

Your avatar has a sweet 'stache, by the way.