• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Resetting the phone did not bring back my apps!

MonarchX

Sep 17, 2010
I accidentally removed some needed default apps like Where and Gmail. So, I reset the phone via settings and also via boot up menu where you can install update.zip. However, resetting the phone in any way did not bring back the default software! What can I do at this point to get it back?

You can download GMail from the market now, for other you may need to grab the .apk files from other users.

Nope, I could never find GMail on the Market with or without latest ROM. I read that the new version 2.3 is only for Froyo, but I am not sure. Even now, with a cooked ROM that I used (has GMail) - no updates or info on plain simple GMail exists in the Market app. Sideloading, Market Enabler, rooting, Voodoo fix, Vibrant GPS Fix, etc. - I got it all I swear (its the Cognition cooked ROM).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones