Resetting to factory defaultsSupport

Last Updated:

1. Smoked

Smoked Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have a question about resetting the phone to factory defaults. I want to try this to fix my gmail sync option... but I want to understand what it means.

I lose all personal information like gmail accoutn, twitter account etc..

But do I lose my phone book contacts? What about other customizations like the homescreen icons? Stored mms messages?

Just want to be clear before doing it :)

Advertisement
  2. charlyee

charlyee Well-Known Member

My understanding is you lose all customization. The phone would be back to what it was when you first got it.

3. Smoked

You mean even all the apps too? That sounds like flashing...

4. hellsrage619

hellsrage619 Well-Known Member

Your restoring to the way it was when you bought it of course youll loose your apps.

5. Smoked

So then what's the difference between doing the factory reset and flashing with the same version firmware? Other than putting new files on your phone, sounds like no difference?

6. hellsrage619

hellsrage619 Well-Known Member

Well when you switch between SAME FIRMWARE you shouldnt loose any data but ive only dont it going from Roger (ugh hate their crap long boot times) and America generic 2.1 firmware not 1.6.I lost no data NONE.

If you want to try heres my guide you'll need to download the files.Just skip to the part were i explain how to switch firmwares in the 1st post.
    http://androidforums.com/x10-all-things-root/233013-step-step-flahing-1-6-2-1-a-new-post.html

Or you can try switching firmware using the files you downloaded but i can not guaranty it will work.