Resetting To Factory Settings QuestionGeneral

Last Updated:

1. arsenal6106

arsenal6106 Member

Non-rooted Phone.

I currently have the 2.2.1 version. If I reset my phone, then will i be forced to download the 2.2.2?

I'm trying to avoid downloading the 2.2.2 version and I'm afraid resetting would put be in that position. I would like to stay at 2.2.1, because I might consider rooting in the near future.

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. badblue1

badblue1 * TRUCKS ARE BEAUTIFUL * VIP Member

You can do a factory reset, you'll stay on 2.2.1,no worries.
  3. Phatninja55

Phatninja55 Well-Known Member

If you are going to reset, do it from the recovery menu. Power the phone off, then hold volume down and home and hold the power button. Hold all 3 buttons until you are in the stock recovery, then preform a factory data reset.
    Hope this helps - Phatninja55
  4. arsenal6106

arsenal6106 Member

Thank you. Just curious, is this considered a hard reset? If not, how does a hard reset compare to a regular reset?
  5. Phatninja55

A soft reset is just rebooting the phone. So yes this is considered a hard reset.
  6. arsenal6106

arsenal6106 Member

One last question. Should I do this with or without the SD card in?
  7. Phatninja55

With, But just so you know you will loose everything other than music and photos. You will loose your accounts, apps, and contacts.
    But this might also help you with your freezes and stuff.
  8. arsenal6106

arsenal6106 Member

Most, if not all, of my contacts are stored on google(gmail). I should be fine then, right?

And what kind of accounts are you referring to?

I appreciate you answering all my questions. TY!
  9. riggerman0421

riggerman0421 Well-Known Member

It will reset your phone to factory defaults. In other words, it well be just like it was when you turned it on the first time fresh out of the box. You will need to sign back into your gmail account, log into the play store, and download all your apps again. Any contacts you have saved to your gmail account will automatically sync when you sign into your gmail account.
  10. Phatninja55

Accounts like email, facebook, and gmail.
  11. arsenal6106

arsenal6106 Member

So I followed your instructions and reset my OV successfully. My phones seems to working fine now. Thanks for all the help!
    Phatninja55 likes this.