• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Resident Evil boot animation

very nice....sound starts a little early. mines comes on when when the boost logo animation plays. is there any way to delay it a little longer? maybe record and start sound after a delay. i tried to take off the boost animation but even though i deleted it still plays it. weird cause ive done it before with no problem.

edit: never mind i just checked and I deleted the wrong file. deleted samsungani.qmg hoping it would help sync the sound and animation but sound still starts too early.....

Upvote 0
very nice....sound starts a little early. mines comes on when when the boost logo animation plays. is there any way to delay it a little longer? maybe record and start sound after a delay. i tried to take off the boost animation but even though i deleted it still plays it. weird cause ive done it before with no problem.

edit: never mind i just checked and I deleted the wrong file. deleted samsungani.qmg hoping it would help sync the sound and animation but sound still starts too early.....
I Updated the Sound so it syncs better now. Also it's CWM flashable now to make for easy install

Upvote 0
would you like to share how u got the poweron sound in the zip???
The sound file isn't in the bootanimation.zip i just packaged them both together for easy downloading and organization, I don't think we can use the usual tricks to join them...although i haven't tried yet, i just assumed it wouldn't work.

Upvote 0
Can't get to work black screen
hmm i tested the link again just now and re flashed and its working ok here. just in case here is the link for just the bootanimation.zip and the PowerOn_standard.snd file, to replace the sound file go into system then to /etc then rename stock poweron and save to sd card then replace it with the new file. Also Ive noticed that some time when replacing the sound file the os adds .wav after .snd if you see this just remove the .wav and your good to go. hope this helps http://dl.dropbox.com/u/43480117/ResidentEvilBootAnimation.zip

Upvote 0
I've been having an issue with the sound. It works fine the first few times I I rebooted my phone, then yesterday it all of a sudden just stopped. I thought I may have muted my phone, so I checked that and rebooted, and still nothing. Any thoughts? I love this boot animation, and would love to get the sound working on it again.

The same thing happened to me, and I was going nuts trying to figure it out.
Turns out, i had my phone set to vibrate-no sound. Once i enabled the sound everything went back to normal.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones