Resizable Widgets Not Coming to LP Anytime Soon, Says Developer

Last Updated:

1. ericnail

ericnail Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Sadly, In a conversation with the developer of Launcher Pro, Federico, I was told that resizing widgets (New to DX) won't be integrated anytime soon.

It is important that people know that he has heard the requests, he is just unable to integrate them at the moment due to Motorola limitations.

Also, while on the subject, for those who don't know; A new version of LP has been released (Launcher Pro Plus) and you can find more info on his website:

LauncherPro

I hope many will support his excellent work.

Advertisement
  2. backwater

backwater Well-Known Member

bummer.

3. rossmathis

rossmathis Well-Known Member

IMO, the resizable widgets are no major loss. Basically its only the MOTO widgets that are resizable. And if what this developer says is true, the new Launcher Pro Plus widgets may surpass them in quality anyways.

Besides, there are other substitutes out there.

4. xx DROiD ERiS xx

xx DROiD ERiS xx Well-Known Member

LPP FTW regardless..im a huge fan!

5. tranceFusion

tranceFusion Well-Known Member

IIRC, ADW lets you specify a widget size. Does this work with the moto resizable widgets?

I don't really care about the moto widgets too much. They are simple and ugly. Not simple and pretty like Sense widgets, or ugly but chock full of features like most 3rd party widgets.

6. JubbaTheHutt

JubbaTheHutt Well-Known Member

Resizeable widgets are far from a loss, especially when we are gifted with a launcher that is leaps and bounds better from its stock counterpart.

7. 10splaya22

10splaya22 Well-Known Member

Yea I love Launcher pro

8. bsutton1

bsutton1 Well-Known Member

The People Widget (only available widget on LPP for now) is alot better than the Motorola Widgets.

9. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

What I noticed about LPP is that the scrollable widgets take so long to load. I didn't remember the sense ui widgets having that kind of trouble in my dinc.

10. Piiman

Piiman Well-Known Member

I agree they are ugly and it's more of a gimmick than useful. They basically only resize to a different configuration so it seems that if you picked the right size in ADW it would make them as though you had resized them.

Just tested that out and while they resize, just not dynamically, they don't seem to work (at least not the contact quick task widget) as you can't "add" to them you can only click it and have it open the contact. Once in there you can select what to do, so it's not that quick. If you try to add a task it says "make widget larger to add more task" no matter how big it is. Actually at that point a size hasn't even been decided so they just don't work and this is in both LP and ADW, LP though doesn't give you a choice on size though at all while ADW allows you to select row and column size.

11. ericnail

ericnail Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm on the line with the moto widgets.

They're certainly not beautiful, but I haven't really had enough time with them as I switched to LP.

The one I do want to resize is the Weather widget, i LOVE the pop up it shows and I wish it was 1x4 rather than 1x2.

12. Android_LIFE

Android_LIFE Well-Known Member

This news to me is not a loss at all,
    LauncherPro is such a great home replacement in general.
    I've been using it nonstop ever since the X's Launch.