Resizing MMS pictures to something less teeny

Last Updated:

1. Bob_the_giraffe

Bob_the_giraffe Member This Topic's Starter

I've been using Handcent sms for my messaging, but when I do a MMS by adding a picture, it will resize the photo (often with a double pop up asking if I want to) to a "small" size.

The limit of my mms is set as 300kb, but often the pic resize will make it 6kb, which isn't as bit on the Hero screen as some incoming images.

Is there something I can do to change this? I've tried sending myself MMS messages both from the Hero Messaging bit and from the Handcent SMS app, but both seem to come across as smaller than pics sent by others.

Is this a Hero issue, a Handcent issue (even though it happens via the Hero messaging software), or my own network issue?

*scratches head*

Advertisement
  2. itsmoirob

itsmoirob Well-Known Member

The only way is to change the size of the photo before you take the picture, which is very very simple. When you have the camera up, press Menu and select resolution. Then go for small, 624*416 (which is still quite a decent sized picture) and that should be small enough (memory wise) to send via mms.

Or if that is too much hassle you could download a program called picsay, which is a very cool app for doodling/playing with your photos. It has an option to resize the photo to any size you want and then you can send it through picsay to handcent.
    (I'd recommend going for picsay pro for the few dollars extra. Well worth it. Very funny app)

3. Bob_the_giraffe

Bob_the_giraffe Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks - I have the lite version of picsay, been considering the upgrade but wasn't sure I could justify it as I don't use it that much - though with your (obvious, i'm an idiot) suggestion it's the perfect excuse!

4. ButchersBoy

ButchersBoy Member

Dude, I boght PicSay Pro...for the price it is an absolute steal.