Resolution of "low on space" notificationTips

1. CBLJazz

CBLJazz Well-Known Member

HAD TO RESET
    I had to factory reset but it wasn't as bad as i thought it would be.
    Only took an hour to get the phone settings back.

After getting the error for the 5th time, the phone froze. there was no other option.

The good thing is that I've learned so much about settings now I don't imagine i'll ever have a memory problem again.

App Brain made the process almost painless
    AppBrain - the best Android apps and games on the Android market

NOW I KNOW

The killer is FACEBOOK & TWITTER contact sync turning that setting off makes a huge difference in memory.
    The reason i know is contact storage used to be my largest app at a whopping, obese 455MB.
    Now my largest app is a 7MB game i now this through
    SETTINGS>MANAGE APPLICATIONS (Sort by size)

So i believe CONTACT SYNC in FB & Twitter was tripling my contact storage needs- a huge memory hog.
    now contact storage has a beach body- super small.

Advertisement
    :
  2. rushmore

rushmore Well-Known Member

I have the problem now, but never used Facebook or Twitter (really) and HTC mail was 0 kb cached. Whatever happened, it goes away when removing a few apps, but comes back again if I install more again- regardless of what apps. I only have 35 contacts and the space is a few megs. The problem is more than just related to those apps.
  3. gparadox

gparadox Well-Known Member

I cleared my contact storage. That made it go away. Then I also uninstalled the new facebook updates.
    Since my contacts are synced to my gmail account, they reloaded in a few minutes. Then I turned on facebook sync again, and my contacts have their facebook photos.

I wont update the fb app until this issue is solved. Right now it works fine, but Im not using the new awesome fb app.
  4. SynisterWolf

SynisterWolf Well-Known Member

just turn off contact sync on fb for android, because fb scence already sync for you. i have both on my phone and i dont get the problem anymore.