• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [RESOLVED] Android Market Error D:

Hi Android Users! (Sorry if wrong part of the forums, I just started :D)
Recently I have been trying to root and S-OFF my device. All in which were successful. However, I wanted to download "AdFree" from the market (which needs root & is a free app). But a error message pops up say "Error Processing Purchase." So I tried to download another free app and yet the message occurs :(

I looked up the message up on Google and saw someone else having the same problem on this website (cant find the link now :/)

Anyway, a user stated to clear app data for "Google Services Framework" ... That didn't work.
Another said to clear app data for Google Play itself ... nope.
Finally, the same user, who told to clear app data for Google Play, said to uninstall updates for Google Play. So I did, and now I'm stuck when you open the market it says "Attention : An error has occurred. Please try again later." And at the top it was loading the Market's Terms Of Service (I'll put a screenshot below).
Now, I don't know what to do. I can't install any apps/games. Is it because of the root?
---------------- PIC REMOVED - IMAGE EXPIRY ----------------

P.S I made a account on here because of this :eek:

Hi liamf1,

Thank you for the reply! What I did is I uninstalled the market updates to an older version (really old) and I tried to update from there. Soon enough it worked :D
Just to point out, I have been using airplane mode for a long time due to the poor battery life and use, but the store had been working fine.
But anyway thanks for your solution :)

Yours Sincerely, Spiky :]

P.S. Sorry for the late reply!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones