• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help [Resolved, battery pull] Notification drop down tray missing.

i edited your title.

are you saying you can't drag down the bar OR are you saying you do not see any sms message notifications in the drop down tray? im confused when you use "ticker tape" to describe... :(

its all gone. no icons to show current process and battery life. nothing to drag down

what I meant by ticker tape is that sometimes when I was in an app and a message came in it would run across the top of my screen. I thought it was associated with Notification Tray. is that what its called? "Notification Tray":thinking:

Upvote 0
ahhhhhh... i see said the blind man..

what have you done to troubleshoot?

remove the battery for 2 minutes. re install and see if that cures it

you can also do the soft reset option on the shutdown screen (hold the power button to see this)

are you rooted?

when did this happen? was it before you installed something? removed something?

I don't know your observation of other noobs but my troubleshooting is calling you. yes, I deleted my calendar storage to resolve the sync issue. (worked!). calendar wiget is also gone but I know how to recover that. it might be helpful to keep the calendars separate for a while. not rooted

Yeah!! the battery worked, thanks.

Reactions: marctronixx
Upvote 0
I downloaded 2 games from gameloft and the notification bar was acting weird like the phone was freezing and it made me force close the notification bar so i reset phone twice when i turned it on the bar was gone went into manage apps and i don't know the name of it so i can't turn it on should i just do a factory reset or is there another way?

Upvote 0
That's happened to me many times when I'm using wi-fi to download the large files of a 3D game. I'll readjust the display settings so that the screen never shuts off, (in fear of the wi-fi connection being lost) and after leaving it that way for more than 20 minutes, the "notification tray" disappears completely. However, I've learned that instead of pulling the battery, I find it easier to just restart the device.

Reactions: marctronixx
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones