• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help [Resolved]Boots into landscape when restarted (Nova launcher & Widgetlocker @ fault)

need to ask questions...

has this always happened from day one of purchase?

if not, did it happen prior to an install of an app or uninstall?

Do you have an MHL adapter or Media link attached to the phone?

does this happen with a different usb cable?

different computer if plugged into usb port?

if you plug it into the wall does this issue occur?

if you unplug it does it go back to portrait?

does it start in the homescreen? or some other screen?

do you use blinkfeed?

what carrier?

these questions will help get us all on the same page...

Upvote 0
To add to marctronixx questions, are you using the stock interface (SENSE w/BLINKFEED) or, an aftermarket interface (launcher) such as APEX/NOVA/HOLO Launcher?

My curiosity is piqued, as others probably are as well, if you're seeing the stock interface displayed in the horizontal orientation, as normally, stock SENSE/BLINKFEED is a portrait only orientation.

Reactions: marctronixx
Upvote 0
It has started recently,
I use nova launcher prime, but it actually starts during widgetlocker, but it affects all apps, I don't think I have an video adapter, it occurs when its in the wall, on my ihome, and computer, it does go back when I unplug it, and att. I don't know if it is an app problem, I'll try backing up and restoring my phone if all else fails

Upvote 0
suggest to remove the launcher and widgets and test. or maybe the launcher and/or widget needs to simply be reinstalled.

could be just the right ingredients on your phone that caused this to happen--low memory, a glitch in the system, maybe some other app that is running could be interfering--lots of factors, and usually good troubleshooting comes when one removes an app or two one by one and test.

worse case you factory reset and that is almost a guarantee that your phone will be back to normal, however if you just blindly do a factory restore w/o troubleshooting, you risk putting the rogue app(s) back on board and your problems could come back again.

keep the class posted...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones