• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help [RESOLVED] Cannot sign in to Google Talk or access the Play Store

Ekim Gram

Aug 9, 2010
NY
Hi all,

I've had my Nexus 10 for just under a month now with no problems aside from the occasional random reboot. A few days ago I noticed I was no longer signed into Google Talk and I'm currently unable to do so. Additionally, the Play Store stopped loading for me - it gets perpetually stuck on the "Loading..." screen.

If I check under Settings -> Accounts -> Google I see my gmail account with a red circle and underneath saying "Sync error". If I tap it I notice that Google Photos and Google Play Books continually say "Syncing now..." and Google Play Music and Sound Search for Google Play have the sync symbol with an exclamation mark on it with a note at the bottom of the screen saying "Sync is currently experiencing problems. It will be back shortly."

I've yet to try a factory reset - even though I've read about them I'm not sure what precautions to take if I were to do it to preserve my app/game data.

Thanks in advance!

Only other ideas I have is clearing data and cache in each app. If that doesn't work then a factory reset. There are apps to back up your apps but to save apps and data you would need to be rooted and use Titanium Backup or some other rooted backup app.

You might even give Google a call and see if they another option for the sync issue.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones