1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

[Resolved] How to change the dock items?Support

1. toriaoxford

toriaoxford New Member

Can someone PLEASE tell me how to change the dock items? I've tried dragging them out of the dock and onto the 'remove' icon at the top but it just replicates the icon on the home screen! I'm trying to replace the stock internet browser with Chrome and cannot do this - it's sooooooo frustrating! The phone's locked to Three so I don't know if that has anything to do with it! :mad:

Advertisement
    :
  2. Scootmien

Scootmien Well-Known Member Contributor

Do it from the app drawer rather than the homes creen, It works then.
  3. toriaoxford

toriaoxford New Member

YOU'RE A STAR! Thanks so much xxxx :D
  4. SLRdude

SLRdude Well-Known Member

I just got my AT&T HTC One earlier today and I can't figure out how to replace the stock browser in the dock with a different one.

I'm not an Android novice so I'm pretty surprised with my inability to figure this one out. :mad:

If I try to move it off the dock, it just places it on the screen but without removing the icon from the dock. I usually use Nova prime but I sort of like the new Sense and I was hoping to keep that as my launcher.

Does anybody know how to do it?

Thanks!
  5. GuitarG20

GuitarG20 Clueless Senior Member Contributor

Try dragging the app into the app drawer (either open the app drawer and drag it out to the other apps, or maybe also drag it to the app drawer icon on a homescreen)
    SLRdude likes this.
  6. kidcarter93

kidcarter93 Well-Known Member

Drag the browser of your choice to the dock and add it to the current browser. It'll then create a dock folder. Open the folder and drag the stock browser to the app draw :)
    SLRdude likes this.
  7. sikclown

sikclown Well-Known Member

Open your app drawer then long press the browser, drag and drop it into the App drawer. Then long press the browser you want and drag and drop it onto the dock. You have to have the app drawer open to do this, otherwise it just replicates the icon on a home screen.
    ez2bgman, SLRdude and marctronixx like this.
  8. SLRdude

SLRdude Well-Known Member

Thanks guys!

I appreciate it.
  9. FanboyofLife

FanboyofLife Member

Does anyone know if there is a way to change those 4 default icons at the bottom of the screen.. Sorry if there is a specific name for them.. they are the: phone, message, internet, and camera icons...
  10. cnsideu

cnsideu Member

Open app drawer. Then move the icon to the app drawer. Viola. App drawer must be open.
    FanboyofLife likes this.
  11. zeo2k

zeo2k New Member

Can't edit the Launch Bar from the home screen or settings anymore.

Open up your app drawer, and THEN you can drag apps in & out of your Launch Bar.
  12. broadwayblue

broadwayblue Well-Known Member

thanks for the tip.
  13. dazek

dazek Well-Known Member

How do I change the apps in the drawer - I would like my email there and chrome rather than the stock browser?
  14. rscarawa

rscarawa Well-Known Member

I just did a drag and drop to alter the bottom 4 pps.

THe only way to add an app to the launch bar is from the all apps screen. From there you can drag and drop on the launch bar.
  15. ReaperZ

ReaperZ New Member

Hi all,

I purchased an HTC One yesterday and LOVE it ! However, it has the 5 default quicklaunches (phone SMS apps internet camera)

However, i would like to change this, as i dont use the default messaging app.

Can someone tell me how to change these ? i have tried dragging it off the task bar however it just replicates onto the homescreen and the quicklaunch bar, and i cant seem to find a way to exchange it with a different shortcut

Thanks all :)!

Thanks to whoever moved my post here, figured it out thanks to this thread!

-ReaperZ
  16. Rose4uKy

Rose4uKy Well-Known Member

On my EVO LTE there was a setting to hide the 4 shortcuts at the bottom from your lock screen only. I don't see that setting on this phone. No big deal but on my old phone I hid them from being on my lock screen.
  17. Menddles

Menddles Well-Known Member

Hey everyone. I got my HTC one a few days ago and I got a message saying something along the lines off "I new SIM card has been dectected, do you want to install SIM apps". I clicked asked later and customeised the home screen and the 'toolbar' at the bottom (i switched the stock messenger app for whatsapp).

The messege came up again today and I clicked install. I now have an app called Best Deals and my home screen was reset, the wallpaper stayed the same but the apps disappeared. Now I can't swap the messenger app for whatsapp.

Does anyone know how to fix this? I've attached a picture of the 'toolbar thing.

Attached Files:

18. GuitarG20

GuitarG20 Clueless Senior Member Contributor

You should be able to change them while you have the app drawer open.
    marctronixx likes this.