Support [Resolved]Phone periodically wakes up on its own

1. willie5094

willie5094 Member

Sitting watching tv at night when my One lights up for about 10 secs and then dark screen this repeats 5 or 6 times. This happens periodically throughout the evening, even happened during sleep time with phone beside bed. Any ideas out there or am I missing something, cheers.

Advertisement
  2. marctronixx

marctronixx Moderator Moderator

could be anything.

help by answering a few questions:

are you rooted?

what carrier?

did this start when you installed any apps? uninstalled any apps?

does it make sounds or just lights up?

when it does light up, are there any error messages? any message?

clearly a restart (holding the power off button beyond 10 seconds and letting it auto shutdown/restart on its own) did not do any help?

does it happen on cellular as well as wifi?

again could be anything, but answering those questions can rule out some things...
  3. willie5094

willie5094 Member

Fair point mod, I am with 3 in the UK, when the phone lights up there is no sound I don't have any messages emails or notifications, not connected to WiFi or data. The phone is not rooted, I wouldn't have a clue how to do it and I haven't recently installed anything, a bit of a mystery.

Had phone 3 weeks only really noticed it a fee days ago.
  4. gibbs1984

gibbs1984 Well-Known Member

Have you got any updates to install?

Try putting the phone in Safe Mode too as that will disable all your apps, so if it happens then it won't be an app causing it.
  5. dgrobe2112

dgrobe2112 Well-Known Member

do a hard reboot.. wont reset your phone.. hold the power button down for 10 seconds, and keep holding it till the screen shuts off.. let off the power button.. and it will reboot on its own..
  6. nynvolt

nynvolt Well-Known Member

Had that occur when I hadn't closed a game completely, think out was fetching ad spam. I closed everything and haven't had the problem since. Curious, I've never seen it happen on any of my other android toys.
  7. UserName872

UserName872 Well-Known Member

Try installing Better Battery stats and see if you notice any service that has a high wake-lock time. Something that maybe you don't use often but seems to be chewing up more than normal resources.
    Rxpert83 likes this.
  8. Tlicious1020

Tlicious1020 Well-Known Member

I know one reason why the phone wakes up. Probably not applicable to your issue. I had my One plugged into the charger in my truck. When I started up my truck the phone woke up because I'm going to assume it detected voltage from the charger turning on.
    marctronixx likes this.
  9. willie5094

willie5094 Member

Found the issue, it was an app that hadn't closed down properly so thanks for all your replies.
    marctronixx likes this.