• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help [Resolved] Problem finding new Contacts I enter in stock people app

nomunk

Feb 26, 2010
hello everyone, Im having a issue with my HTC One saving any new Contacts I put it.

When I enter a new phone number/Contact and save it, it does not show up in my Contacts, the Name/Number I entered for the new contact will show in my phone history but it does not show up in my Contacts after I enter a new contact, does anyone have any idea what is wrong? please help

thanks for reply, but im really confused I went to the top left and clicked phone book, which one do I check or uncheck? I dont know what to do.

for Sim its showing 1 contact
for Google it showing 26 contacts
for Phone its showing 114 contacts

I dont know which one to check or uncheck

How do I go to contact app to see what is shown/checked?

Upvote 0
Without seeing your device in person, it's possible you didn't have the right contact list checked so even though the contact would be saved, if you didn't have those checked to be listed in the people app, you would never see them.

yeap thats exactly what happened, I didnt have the right contact list checked.

Reactions: marctronixx
Upvote 0
when you are in the people app,

top left (for me on the sprint version) it says "phonebook". tap on that and you will see options you can tick so that those types of entries will populate in the people app.
if this is not what you're talking about, post a screenshot so your issue can be better illustrated...

I looked at the filters and I have hotmail, gmail and phone ticked. If I uncheck the email accounts I loose lots of contacts.

Upvote 0
Hey everyone, I have an HTC Incredible with Android 2.3. I am not able to save any new contacts to the phone. Just simply going into contacts, add contact, and manually typing in the info (name, number, etc) and saving the contact, it appeares as though it saves, there are no errors, but when you go back into your contacts, it is not there.

Any ideas? Thanks!
**mod inserted quote from other thread for clarification**

hi,

i have the same problem with my HTC ONE and it started after i updated my phone. if you found any solution please let me know.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
@morteza131 ,

this thread speaks to something you may be seeing.

the phone has multiple "Tabs" that, depending on which on you select, will only show those particular contacts under that "Tab". for example, you show only gmail contacts, or ALL , or JUST contact from another google account, OR contacts only on the SIM card, etc etc etc.

if you are NOT getting an error once you enter a contact, this may be because you are putting the contacts in another view that you have not selected.

go into your gmail/google contacts on the computer (within the gmail email page) and scroll to see if you see the contacts you listed there. if so, its possible you have them on on your device, just under a different "tab".

if you are rooted, this changes things potentially.

Reactions: Mikestony
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones