• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help [Resolved] PUK Locked

Hi,

I'm not sure if anyone has had this issue yet. I was in the security tab of settings and was checking out the SIM Card Lock. Of course, I ended up locking myself out of my phone. Now it is prompting me for an 8-digit PUK code. I tried calling customer support and my local store and no one seems to know how to fix it. They said that this is not a world phone and does not have a SIM so it should not be asking me for it, but it is. I'm wondering if this is an HTC issue.

Anyway, any idea on what I can do to fix this? I am not ready to send this back to HTC or anything for a fix.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

It doesn't have a traditional SIM, but inmy understanding it needs a non-user accessible sim in order to connect to 4G networks.

I would try contacting HTC about the issue.

Have you tried a factory reset?

I am thinking about trying it and if that doesn't work to try contacting HTC. I will let you know if it works.

Reactions: Rxpert83
Upvote 0
Keep calling sprint. Get pass the first level script readers. The lte devices do have embedded sims and the code is available in the billing screen on your account.

Worse case if you are locked out, then only HTC can assist from that point. I think you get two attempts or so and you're locked out.

Upvote 0
Keep calling sprint. Get pass the first level script readers. The lte devices do have embedded sims and the code is available in the billing screen on your account.

Worse case if you are locked out, then only HTC can assist from that point. I think you get two attempts or so and you're locked out.

Do you know where I can find it on the billing section of my account? I've been looking and can't find it. I am bringing it to the store tonight and seeing if I can get it there.

Upvote 0
Thanks everyone for the responses. I went to the store and got it fixed. For everyone's information: if you accidentally lock your phone like I did, go to the Sprint store. They have the PUK in their systems. You might have to push them a bit because the employees didn't even seem to be aware they have the unlock code. Just ask them to look it up on your billing screen. It is an 8-digit number.

Upvote 0
Thanks everyone for the responses. I went to the store and got it fixed. For everyone's information: if you accidentally lock your phone like I did, go to the Sprint store. They have the PUK in their systems. You might have to push them a bit because the employees didn't even seem to be aware they have the unlock code. Just ask them to look it up on your billing screen. It is an 8-digit number.

Thanks for letting us know the solution! :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones