[Resolved] Verizon just sent text... I got my hopes up :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Last Updated:

1. jcage89

jcage89 Member This Topic's Starter

Seems like many are interested in timing of official 2.2 Froyo release so FYI, I just received text from VZW as follows... "Your Droid was sent the Android 2.2 software update including Adobe Flash 10.1. Click for more info... http://vzw.com/droidupdate .

Although I got this text message at noon, I have yet to see any update notification on my phone. Even if I get it, I will probably wait to see how "seamlessly" the official update goes for others here. My old original VZW moto Droid was bricked by the Froyo 2.2 update when Verizon pushed it a month ago which is why they let me upgrade early to the Dx. So perhaps I'll wait and see how it works for others first this time.

JC

Advertisement
  2. Fabolous

Fabolous Superuser VIP Member

That link is for the 2.2 update for the original Droid.

I bet VZW just hasn't removed you from whatever mass text list they have for the Droid yet, so that's why you got it.

The update is not for the DX, as you can confirm by going into your settings and checking to see if there's an update ready for you.

jcage89 likes this.
  3. arelunde

arelunde Member

Darn.

4. jcage89

jcage89 Member This Topic's Starter

Nope, no update available. Seems wierd that I would get a text two weeks after starting to use my Dx and over month since my old Droid was sent the upgrade. I'm not too worried about it, but many here seem to be on pins and needles waiting for it so I thought I would share.

BTW I received no such text message on the old Droid before Froyo arrived, it just showed up. Although the upgrade went OK on the old Droid, it started to malfunction soon after and was unresponsive within a few days. They were unable to revive it and so offered me the Dx.

Anyway I have crappy 3G reception in my office which may be barrier to large update downloading on device, I'll refresh this if the upgrade actually shows up later on my Dx.

JC

5. anratliff

anratliff New Member

I got excited for a brief moment. :(

I like my DX the way it is but I can't help but tag along with all the hype that has been going on. LOL.

6. wpierce98

wpierce98 Member

Interesting though, the Verizon Droid X support page, under Hot Topics, has a link for Android Software Update. The pdf file that opens is for Droid (not X), but is a 2.2 flyer. Just interesting that this is linking from the Droid X page.

7. deekum1627

deekum1627 Well-Known Member

damnit i tho this was offical release lol

8. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

I'm going to close this down before the panic erupts! :D

OP - I took some creative liberties with the thread title as well to prevent any unnecessary heart-breakage.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.