• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Resource for a very new beginner?

Hi All,

I've been lurking for a couple weeks - you all seem like a fun bunch :)

I will admit - I've never had a smart phone. Never. I was going to get one last year, but waited b/c I heard 2010 was 'the year of the smart phone' - and I'm glad I waited!

Though I'd have to see it in person to know for sure, but I'm almost positive that DroidX will be my first smartphone. I'm VERY excited, but I want to make sure that I'm educated enough to use it for all it's worth (ie: my mom has had every iphone, but just leared to text message last month).

Is there some place/book/thread/site that I can study which would tell me about smartphones from the very most basic all the way to the more advanced? I'm a smart girl, but I have to start somewhere!

Thanks for your help - I'm looking forward to contributing in the future!

Welcome!

The great thing about smart phones is, they're mostly very easy to use. Android is a very capable, yet simple to use OS. There's some more advanced techniques, but more than likely you'll find out everything you need just by tinkering with the phone yourself. I've found all of these forums a very good source for information. If I were you I'd check out the specific Droid X forum, and participate in discussions there. There's the always wonderful youtube, which could provide you with a simple tutorial as simple as a search. Phandroid.com and androidandme.com are also proving to be very good resources, and always up to date on the newest Android offerings.

The best advise I can give is to simply explore. There's lots of neat things to discover, and if you need some help, these forums got your back :)

Cheers!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones