Resources that every Milestone owner should have.

Last Updated:

1. rndinit0

rndinit0 Member This Topic's Starter

May 31, 2010

Make sure you create a nandroid backup before you start messing with your Milestone. Trust me, its better to be safe than sorry.

The LMF Comunity Script has plenty of useful hacks, for example a memory tweak, and automated flac support. Unfortunately the documentation is in German. I might translate it one day.

Android Love (interesting sites that cover android apps/news)

Must have Apps

In a nutshell this app allows you to backup all your apps, but also allows you to freeze/defrost. Freezing an App basically removes it until you defrost it. Very useful when testing if its safe to remove an app.

I generally overclock my Milestone to 850mhz, 50 vsel (Custom).
    Use caution when using this app, educate yourself about this, if your not familiar with it. If your an overclock newbie, I encourage you to learn more about this.

Make sure you read this lovely post by fejker, and this post by Croak.
    It covers the issue of SetCPU and how to auto boot overclocked with your settings. Again make sure you read those posts.

Their both great it all comes down to personal taste. To date the only reason why I'm currently using Handcent SMS is because it has a privacy setting which allows me to prevent my SMS content from being displayed in the status bar. If you dont need such a feature Id highly recommend chompSMS instead.

xScope is hands down the best browser for the Milestone, its light, lightning fast, one hand "pin zoom", and bloat free. Exactly what I needed.
    I love how it handles multiple tabs. Its a browser you have to use. I cant possibly do it justice with just words. Be sure to read the FAQ though.

I've tried Dolphin & Dolphin HD, their good browsers, but feel heavy on my milestone.

I find that this home replacement app strikes the perfect balance between performance and features. I've tried Helix Launcher 2, as well as Home ++, and their nice too. But for me, Launcher Pro is better by leaps and bounds.

If you use Google Reader as much as I do, then this is a must have app. It syncs your feeds from your Google Reader account including (read, unread, stared, etc)

Turn your phone into a Wireless Ad-hoc HotSpot
    Share your 3G with Windows, Mac (iPod/iPad), Linux, Xbox
    Requires **ROOT** access, but no custom ROMs/kernels necessary
    Compatible with Windows (XP/Vista/7), Mac, Linux, even iPod/iPhone/iPad and Xbox!

I would like to thank the Mods, and server admins of Android Forums!
    This is hands down the best phone community forum I've ever seen.

Croak & Fejker: Two of many insightful, friendly, and knowledgeable forum members. Fejker: Thank you for your help and guidance! :D

And of course the rest of the Android Forums community.

jortheo and fejker like this.
  2. iLiKePaNkAcKeS

iLiKePaNkAcKeS Active Member

Apr 5, 2010
  3. Qazz~

Qazz~ Member

Jul 3, 2010
  4. Croak

Croak Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Both good, and there's a bit of a feature war going on between the two, so the winner is us. :)

Hard to go wrong with either one.