• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Responding to Meeting Requests

BobG

Lurker
Oct 25, 2010
I have searched around and found several similar threads but no solution to the problem I am having so I thought I would take a shot at posting here.

I am using a DroidX although as I understand it others have seen similar problem on other phones.

My wife often sends me calendar appointments. She uses outlook to send them to my google calendar. They appear in the gmail inbox (on the phone) as an attached ics file. It does not appear that I can do anything with this file natively.

Based on what I read elsewhere I downloaded ICS-BOT from the market. This partially solves the problem. However it will not handle recurring appointments and will not remove cancelled appointments. Since I frequently have one of these two things it really doesn't solve the entire problem. I know I can accept them from the pc but that isn't always an option depending on where I am.

I was wondering if anyone else has come up with a solution for this on the phone. I could also ask the sender to send the meeting request in a different way if that would help.

Reactions: ddean

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones