Restart after major changes! (suggestion)General

Last Updated:

1. aleis

aleis Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I am going to suggest doing the ol winmo way of app installation or settings change...RESTART THE DEVICE!
    I installed the second leak and it went bad!
    i went back to the old one...then i got upset cause i NEED the latest and greatest so...i tried it again. but soon as i installed all my apps i restarted. then i setup my settings the way i like, then restarted. its running nice and smooth now...really thinking off restarted after every single app.
    just a suggestion.

Advertisement
  2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

That makes sense. These devices have linux in them, and I run linux Mint on my laptop sometimes (two hard drives, one with Windows 7) and I've found that restarting it when things seem slow or glitchy solves it most often.

It's supposed to only be a Windows thing, if you listen to the people with a religion about linux. ;)

aleis likes this.
  3. aleis

aleis Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

yep!
    i mean i just do what works for me...hopefully it works for someone else.

4. Blrfl

Blrfl Well-Known Member

Android doesn't give you the tools to investigate and kill off the things causing you problems, especially on a non-rooted phone. That means the easiest way to solve the problem is to reboot.

There's rarely any reason to reboot a Linux system (or any other flavor of Unix, for that matter). I have several that have seen uptimes well in excess of a year.

--Mark

5. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Oh, heck we had a Red Hat running continuously for three years, partially because it was a server.

But rebooting linux on a regular basis will reset certain areas of the OS, especially those with scripts dealing with applications recently halted.

Not rebooting will not necessarily lead up to the BSODs we used to see on Windows, or even freezes.. it's ok to let 'em run. But again, a reboot can be beneficial in linux, otherwise there would never have been a need for signal 9. ;)