• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Restart Glitchiness

pEktaS

Jan 7, 2010
Anyone else having the problem of their phone restarting itself constantly?

over the past 2 days my phone has restarted atleast 6 times sometimes when im not even touching it. It restarted instead of setting off my alarm yesterday luckily i was awake but thats still a shit thing to happen. Also not sure if they tie together but my battery life has turned to complete shit. with everything off cept autoupdate and the brightness turned down the battery will last maybe 5-6 hours with little use.

Any ideas? Fixes?

edit: i just realized i psoted in the wrong forum can someone move it to the support area

(moved for you)

The first thing I would do is go into the alarm app in applications manager and clear cache and data (and defaults if the button is not greyed out), then reboot.

Next I'd have another look at all apps and widgets that sync or update in the background, like Weather, Facebook, Gmail, etc. See how much is going on in the running services menu.

Sometimes too much is going on in the background at once.

Also, it's not a bad idea to think about recent changes, app downloads etc. It is very possible that what is causing all of the problems is just one app/widget not playing nice with the system.

Upvote 0
if by chance this happens to someone else

i went to verizon and they were having issues too so they just did a reset on it which if i woulda known they were gonna do that ida saved my time and done it myself

but so far it seems to be running alot smoother so it musta just been a glitchy app somewhere not sure which one

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones