Restarted phone - lost ringtoneSupport

Last Updated:

1. shaheemie

shaheemie New Member

Hi, this problem happened to my mom's phone and I'd really like some help.

Out of nowhere her phone started showing many 'force close' messages, so I decided to restart her phone. It froze while restarting, so I took the battery out to shut it down. It started up normally, but now my mom lost the music ringtone we bought for her. It's not under he list of rigtones when I try to set it back. I'm sure it's still on the phone, but it's not showing up.

How do I solve this without buying the ringtone again?

Advertisement
  2. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Well-Known Member

Get a file manager from the market (astro file manager) and cruise around the file system till you find it... it may be in a download folder associated with whatever app you used to download the ringtone. You can also try using the search feature if you think that you might know the files name. Once you find it, you can try copying it to the ringtone folder.

Alternatively, rebooting the phone again may bring it back.
  3. shaheemie

shaheemie New Member

I couldn't remember the name of the song, so I just searched for it with Astro using 'mp3' and it didn't show up. (My ringtone is an mp3 so i figured that one was as well, bought from Verizon Tones.)

Is it possible it could have just been deleted with how the phone was acting up? We don't mind buying the ringtone again, but I just found this bizarre.
  4. shaheemie

shaheemie New Member

I tried downloading it again through V Cast Tones, and first, there was an error and it wouldn't download. Now it's claiming that it won't download because there's not enough memory. Which I don't believe to be true because my mom doesn't use her smartphone to its fullest.
  5. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Well-Known Member

Check out how much free space is left in settings. Sometime taking out the SD card, then downloading works.
  6. Holydoc

Holydoc Well-Known Member

Since the last software upgrade several phones (mine included) have a tendency to stop recognizing the SD card for no apparent reason. I noticed this when my phone was missing ringtones, photos, and MP3s that I had downloaded to the phone. This could easily cause your mom's phone to get force closes of programs since it could no longer access them if they were on the SD card.

The easy fix was to go to the Phones main menu, select Manage SD card, and then Unmount the SD card. Wait a couple of seconds after you get the message that the SD card was unmounted, and then re-mount the SD card. Once your phone says the SD card is mounted all should be back to normal.

Good Luck.