• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Restarting paused downloads in Android 2.1?

ImperialJohn

Mar 17, 2011
Hello.
How do you restart paused downloads in Android 2.1 on a phone like the Defy?

I have been in the Adroid Marketplace and selected to download loads of Apps, and I also went to the Viewranger website to download their free trial.

Unfortunately all the Apps say paused. Why does that happen and how do you get them to continue downloading without pausing for long periods of time.

I am on the Hutchinson 3 Network in the UK and have a good strong 3G and mostly 3.5G signal in most rooms in my home. Well at least I believe that when it says H instead of 3G it means it is 3.5G?

Thanks for your advice with this,

John

Hi. I have a similar problem, but worse. I have 10 downloads paused (it shows de download icon on notifications bar with the number 10 on it) but none of them is listed on Market Applications list.
If i start a new download, it is immediately paused and the number 11 goes to the icon. This new download I can cancel, because it is on the list. But the previous 10, I cant.
Tryed clear cache, restart..... nothing works here. Please help!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones