• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Restarting problem

jetchey321

Lurker
Dec 21, 2009
my wifes HERO, with the updated software, unrooted....keeps restarting when you're surfing the web. Everything else works fine. It'll pull up say google, then when you try to link to another page, the phone shuts off then just reboots on it's own....i'm still running 1.5 on mine, so i'm not real familiar with 2.1......any suggestions? I've pulled the battery, and tried again, same results. Thanks for looking..... :)

never had anything like that happen, my phone, in the 3 months I've had it, has never once just restarted for no reason. pull the battery and reboot, if that doesn't fix it, I'd take it to sprint to be looked over.

Yea it doesn't happen to everyone, however, it has happened to enough people to show it isn't an isolated event.

Battery pulls, wipes, reinstalls...those things do not fix it. I had it with The official sprint 2.1, then had it when I rooted and removed bloatware, and I still have it as being rooted and running a custom rom.

Upvote 0
same problem here, started in google maps though, now every time i try to find my location it restarts, and now it's moved into just restarting all the time. could just be sitting on the table having just restarted, 3 minutes later it restarts again even if i haven't touched it. asked my mom, hers is doing the same suddenly. both are not rooted, mine's at sprint right now being "repaired," I'll let you all know if that actually means anything. Something tells me it won't help if it's bad software, they'll just replace bad software with more bad software... but we'll see. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones