Restarting problemSupport

Last Updated:

1. jetchey321

jetchey321 Member This Topic's Starter

my wifes HERO, with the updated software, unrooted....keeps restarting when you're surfing the web. Everything else works fine. It'll pull up say google, then when you try to link to another page, the phone shuts off then just reboots on it's own....i'm still running 1.5 on mine, so i'm not real familiar with 2.1......any suggestions? I've pulled the battery, and tried again, same results. Thanks for looking..... :)

Advertisement
  2. Bat~man

Bat~man Well-Known Member

I think its just a 2.1 problem on HTC.

I'm rooted and running the alyosius rom, tried both OC and non OC versions and I still get reboots. Been getting them since the official 2.1 update, don't think there is anything we can do.

3. Joehunni

Joehunni Well-Known Member

never had anything like that happen, my phone, in the 3 months I've had it, has never once just restarted for no reason. pull the battery and reboot, if that doesn't fix it, I'd take it to sprint to be looked over.

4. Bat~man

Bat~man Well-Known Member

Yea it doesn't happen to everyone, however, it has happened to enough people to show it isn't an isolated event.

Battery pulls, wipes, reinstalls...those things do not fix it. I had it with The official sprint 2.1, then had it when I rooted and removed bloatware, and I still have it as being rooted and running a custom rom.

5. kristi-lynn

kristi-lynn Member

same problem here, started in google maps though, now every time i try to find my location it restarts, and now it's moved into just restarting all the time. could just be sitting on the table having just restarted, 3 minutes later it restarts again even if i haven't touched it. asked my mom, hers is doing the same suddenly. both are not rooted, mine's at sprint right now being "repaired," I'll let you all know if that actually means anything. Something tells me it won't help if it's bad software, they'll just replace bad software with more bad software... but we'll see. :rolleyes:

6. narendra bang

narendra bang New Member

hi my galaxy y get restated for no reason.when it kept idle it get restarted whats the problem

7. LBPHeretic

LBPHeretic Well-Known Member

Thread moved to troubleshooting section. In my experience, my handset has only restarted itself once in nearly two years of owning it.

The same goes for my other Android devices. I think as the Android operating system has matured, it has gotten much more stable, but even when I was using Android 1.5, I had no issues with restarting.