• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Restore a back up

I kept having trouble trying to restore mine. I renamed them all and never did put any spaces in (which can cause problems). I tried to restore twice and got the c5 sum (or something) not adding up. When I took it back to stock last night and redid everything root, ROM and all, I didn't rename the backups, just documented when and what each one were done for. Maybe if I need to restore some day I won't get the sum problem.

Upvote 0
I kept having trouble trying to restore mine. I renamed them all and never did put any spaces in (which can cause problems). I tried to restore twice and got the c5 sum (or something) not adding up. When I took it back to stock last night and redid everything root, ROM and all, I didn't rename the backups, just documented when and what each one were done for. Maybe if I need to restore some day I won't get the sum problem.

If you did not include spaces you should not have an issue,,,,keep an eye on your sd card ,you may have corrupt data causing issues

Upvote 0
I tried to unmount my sd card from my phone first so I could format it. It never would unmount, so I hooked my phone to my computer USB and copied all the files to it. Then I used the computer to format my sd card, took awhile. Now I'm trying to put all the files back on my sd card, the first time it said it left some files out. I formatted again and it got about 60% through but then stopped.

Of course my sd card unmounts from my cell now. Does it need to be mounted or not before I try and add the files back onto it?

Upvote 0
In another thread I had mentioned having md5 sum problems when I tried restoring twice. I hadn't put any spaces in the renaming of the restore points. It was suggested that I may have a corrupt sd card, to download the files on my sd to my computer, format the sd card and reinstall the files.

I have the sd card formatted, but every time I try to reinstall the files, I get part of the way through and then I get this message.

There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into the drive \Device\Harddisk5\DR10.

Then the formatting stops itself, and leaves whatever files it's put back on my sd card.

How screwed could I be, if I can't get the original files back onto my sd card? Is there some way to fix this?

Upvote 0
In another thread I had mentioned having md5 sum problems when I tried restoring twice. I hadn't put any spaces in the renaming of the restore points. It was suggested that I may have a corrupt sd card, to download the files on my sd to my computer, format the sd card and reinstall the files.

I have the sd card formatted, but every time I try to reinstall the files, I get part of the way through and then I get this message.

There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into the drive \Device\Harddisk5\DR10.

Then the formatting stops itself, and leaves whatever files it's put back on my sd card.

How screwed could I be, if I can't get the original files back onto my sd card? Is there some way to fix this?

All you have to do is plug your x to your pc via usb and drag and drop those pics files etc back to the sd card

Upvote 0
All you have to do is plug your x to your pc via usb and drag and drop those pics files etc back to the sd card
Yeah, I know, but it always hits a snag some where and gives me the error...

After that comes up, it closes itself and I only get parts of what I was trying to put back on my sd card.

Edit: I had to do it in stages, I've got it all except for my music, it always gets stuck on it. May have to try that one at a time or something.

Edit: Finally got it all back, wasn't fun though.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones