Restore Apps on SD Card After Installing ROM

Last Updated:

1. steelersmb

steelersmb Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I was wondering how do you get your apps on your SD card back after installing a new ROM? I run a backup using MyBackup Pro and after installing a new ROM and restoring from my backup, my apps that I had moved over to my SD Card don't show up on my phone. I have to reinstall them. Is there anyway to recover them from my SD Card automatically?

Advertisement
  2. t0ast3d

t0ast3d Well-Known Member

You can Astro or any file manager to manually install apps on the sdcard.

3. steelersmb

I am using SDMove. The problem is after installing a new ROM, how do I get the apps back on my phone? Do I have to manually reinstall all the apps that I moved to the SD Card because after restoring from a backup, they don't show up after installing a new ROM.

4. mitchellvii

mitchellvii Well-Known Member

Well, if you are using the cm6 rom, most of your apps will re-install themselves in the background after your first reboot.

5. steelersmb

I am using Fresh's ROM. I can't believe I am the only one with this problem. Either I am doing something wrong or everyone just deals with reinstalling apps manually that they move to the SD card.

6. og512

og512 New Member

I am actually having the same problem. I think you have to go in manually reinstall the apps on the SD card. i think the whole premise behind SD Move is that you are backing up the .apk file so that you don't have to re-download it from the market but it is truly a pain in the ass.