Restore bloatware

1. Croyal

Croyal Member

So I'm having some trouble. I got my gs4 a few weeks ago. I currently have the ME7 version. When I fist got it I rooted it and deleted all the bloatware. Big mistake. I know, I'm a total noob. Now I can't upgrade. Is there anyway I can restore all the bloatware so I can upgrade my phone? In the future I know just to freeze the bloatware and not remove it completely. I also didn't make a backup of the bloatware because I didn't think I would need it again. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Advertisement
  2. Shotgun84

Shotgun84 Well-Known Member

If you reflash your stock firmware with Odin all the bloatware will be reinstalled. Although if you are going to flash stock so you can update you may as well just flash the updated firmware. Be advised that the latest firmware contains a locked bootloader and knox so it may cause problems if you wish to reroot after updating. Stock firmware can be downloaded from here

Firmwares | SamMobile
  3. Croyal

Croyal Member

Can you flash the stock firmware with a locked bootloader? I have the ME7 which locked my bootloader. My phone is rooted though. If I can do this can someone tell me the steps I need to go through. I am very new to all of this. I know the new update locks the phone as well, I'm just concerned for future updates like 4.3 or 4.4.
  4. Croyal

Croyal Member

Also I went to the site Shotgun84 suggested and I cant seem to find an option for Verizon or the United States
  5. ironass

ironass Well-Known Member

Shotgun84 likes this.
  6. Croyal

Croyal Member

Sadly that site doesn't have it either. I'm beginning to think that I'm going to be stuck with 4.2.2 for the next 2 years :(
  7. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

Looks like you are on Verizon... try THIS LINK. :)
    Croyal and Shotgun84 like this.