• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Verizon] Restore bloatware

Croyal

Oct 2, 2013
So I'm having some trouble. I got my gs4 a few weeks ago. I currently have the ME7 version. When I fist got it I rooted it and deleted all the bloatware. Big mistake. I know, I'm a total noob. Now I can't upgrade. Is there anyway I can restore all the bloatware so I can upgrade my phone? In the future I know just to freeze the bloatware and not remove it completely. I also didn't make a backup of the bloatware because I didn't think I would need it again. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

If you reflash your stock firmware with Odin all the bloatware will be reinstalled. Although if you are going to flash stock so you can update you may as well just flash the updated firmware. Be advised that the latest firmware contains a locked bootloader and knox so it may cause problems if you wish to reroot after updating. Stock firmware can be downloaded from here

Firmwares | SamMobile

Upvote 0
Can you flash the stock firmware with a locked bootloader? I have the ME7 which locked my bootloader. My phone is rooted though. If I can do this can someone tell me the steps I need to go through. I am very new to all of this. I know the new update locks the phone as well, I'm just concerned for future updates like 4.3 or 4.4.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones