• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help restore contacts

buckie33

Jun 25, 2010
Ontario
backed up my phone (x10) and then updated to 2.1. I thenn restored the data and everything was restored (apps ect) but not contacts, the main thing i wanted to restore, I keep going back to restore the phone and it keeps saything that the contacts have been restored, but they havnt.

Can anyone help out!?!?!?!?

Open your contact list (which may be nearly empty) and hit the menu buton. Choose "Import Contacts" and then try either of those options (SIM / Memory Card). A friend and I recently updated and found that the "Backup & Restore" app is anything but reliable. Especially in the areas it should be flawless... such as contacts.

Upvote 0
backed up my phone (x10) and then updated to 2.1. I thenn restored the data and everything was restored (apps ect) but not contacts, the main thing i wanted to restore, I keep going back to restore the phone and it keeps saything that the contacts have been restored, but they havnt.

Can anyone help out!?!?!?!?

hey, did you get back the contacts?? :((
even i have the same issue..!!!! :((
all other than contacts have been imported back to phone from backup and restore after updating my phone to android 2.1 :((
please.. someone do the help..............!!!!!!!!!!!!! :|

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones