• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Restore Data From Previous Backup?

bigshotproducer

Android Enthusiast
Jul 1, 2010
Virginia Beach
Hey all -- Seems I have a lot of questions today...Thanks to everyone who is answering them today!

Here's what's next -- I reverted to an older backup today -- Before I did that --I backed up that version and I ran TI Backup and *thought* I backed up all apps/data -- but in reality I only backed up new apps.

So when I reverted -- I lost a lot of data that isn't overly important, but it would be nice to have it back. When I reverted, I updated to the new OTA 2.3.340 and re-rooted.

Now, my question -- Can I backup again -- revert to the one I had earlier -- re-do the TI Backup correctly and then restore the version I'm on now?

Or will that totally mess up my phone now that I did the OTA update?

Thanks so much you guys! I wouldn't know what to do with out all of you on here!

Hey all -- Seems I have a lot of questions today...Thanks to everyone who is answering them today!

Here's what's next -- I reverted to an older backup today -- Before I did that --I backed up that version and I ran TI Backup and *thought* I backed up all apps/data -- but in reality I only backed up new apps.

So when I reverted -- I lost a lot of data that isn't overly important, but it would be nice to have it back. When I reverted, I updated to the new OTA 2.3.340 and re-rooted.

Now, my question -- Can I backup again -- revert to the one I had earlier -- re-do the TI Backup correctly and then restore the version I'm on now?

Or will that totally mess up my phone now that I did the OTA update?

Thanks so much you guys! I wouldn't know what to do with out all of you on here!
now that you updated to the ,340 you can not go to any backups you had previously unless those backups were made from the.320 leak (since .320 and .340 are compatible) ....if those backups were made on 2.3.15 you will brick trying to restore.....if i were you i would just cut ties with the data if it is not that important since you have an updated system bootloader etc....from now on for important info you can always back it up on a computer to save you the trouble of losing it if its that important

Upvote 0
yes i would delete all previous backups so you dont get confused and restore one on accident,and yes you should make a backup now if you have not done so ,a good thing to do is to make a backup just after root but before flashing any roms ....most roms require you to install from a clean base to install,example:you are running apex but want to install fission ,rather then flashing a rom over another one then possibly having trails of roms and themes in your new rom you would restore your clean rooted backup for a clean install of fission ...also before you flash anything while on a rom like a theme or mod backup first so if things go wrong you go back to your backup.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones