Restore factory settingGeneral

1. doreen24miran

doreen24miran New Member

If i restore factory setting will it be dangerous to my phone??
    please help

and oh, i also want to ask about how do you integrate all your social networking feeds on your contacts. thanks

Advertisement
    :
  2. Gammer

Gammer Well-Known Member

It's perfectly safe to do a factory reset.

Settings/accounts and sync to intergrate your social networking feeds.
  3. doreen24miran

doreen24miran New Member

thank you so much gammer.. haha.. hmm one more thing i don't know how to bACK UP and restore.. can you teach me how? thanks in advance :)
  4. peytal

peytal Member

don't forget to backup your contacts before restoring your phone
  5. insanegaurav

insanegaurav New Member

what all will get erased after restoring factory settings???
  6. ayush29k

ayush29k Well-Known Member

Everything that is not on the sd card, it will become just like when you took it out of the box for the first time.
    You can format the card also along with it, there is an option for that too.
  7. Fombel

Fombel New Member

Hello everyone, I have a huge problem, I accidentally wiped everything thinking it would do no harm but now my Samsung Galaxy ace does not load, it turns on and shows the samsung logo and then just restarts again!

What can I do? I had android 2.3.6 but when I plug my phone into computer to flash it it syas error installing driver.. help!
  8. ayush29k

Take out the battery, put it back in after a few seconds [its just to stop the bootloop and have the phone turned off]
    Now restart the phone in recovery mode by pressing and holding Home + Power button, keep it pressed until you see the yellow recovery menu.
    Click on wipe cache partition and factory/data reset and then reboot system.
    Use the volume keys to navigate and home key to select.

Hope this solves the problem, otherwise you will have to flash the entire firmware again.
  9. insanegaurav

insanegaurav New Member

do we require pin or something for restoring factory settings or just need to following the instruction will do
  10. ayush29k

No pin, just follow the instructions. Just click the option, then it'll ask a confirmation, press yes. It might give an option to include sd card as well, but you probably want to exclude it from getting erased, so that option is NO.